Plustek 7600i SE

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Plustek launch a new film scanner which according to their web site looks really good....

I was hoping to give you all a step by step demonstration of my wonderful new toy and even put 9 films in for developing yesterday which I collected this morning.

I spent hours checking reviews and reading the web site including the bit that says "Now available for Mac version 10.3.9 and higher".

So my top tip for today is...........

If you want a £269 5" x 12" x 5" paper weight then place your orders. I have just emailed their technical support and asked them to get back to me as quickly as possible as I am trying to review the item for 2 web sites. This tends to get their fingers out........

The driver disc says windows only! The other disc auto installs nothing! If you search through the disc for mac extensioned files you can find an installer for Silverfast which is apparently the software to drive it but when you do so and run it it does not detect the device at all..... just like if you hadn't installed the drivers.

Well Plustek supply Silverfast SE software....... so off to Silverfast's website.

Latest information "New Snow Leopard version of software released".

Registered product and downloaded new version........

It now recognises the scanner....

...... oo oo oo...... its scanning......

...Its a picture of Mrs C upside down on her Z1000 :LOL:

..... and it goes back to the supplier within a week due to a nasty red tinge in the middle of the cell!!

Lets hope the replacement one on Monday works because this device has potential.

Sounds like it's been a bit of a pain in the butt mate - hope the replacement lives up to it's potential.

OT sorry, - but your good lady has a Z1000?? :love::clap: Quality!

Sounds like it's been a bit of a pain in the butt mate - hope the replacement lives up to it's potential.

OT sorry, - but your good lady has a Z1000?? :love::clap: Quality!

Yes, she did have one and I had a XJR1300 but when she became ill we sold them :crying:

She is on it in her avatar :)

The scanner is actually pretty good but the fault buggers it up a bit!

col.jpg

It's better with black and white though...

baw.jpg

Sorry to hear that mate, that's a shame. :crying: I didn't know you two were bike fans though! :D I am also a "bikeless-biker" atm - I sold my mint ZX6R a few years back due to lack of use - my 1.5 mile work commute and a lack of weekends, meant it wasn't worth keeping... :crying: I miss it...!

Back OT - Minus the (pretty big!) fault, your scanner looks good - I'll be interested to see how you get on with the replacement. (y)

You can see the potential with certain images like this one, where the fault is less obvious.

(this is one of Mrs C's pictures from our honeymoon)

col2.jpg

I actually think that for £235 it is a pretty good scanner. The Windows software suite is vastly better than what you get for the Mac but the Silverfast software package is really rather good. I think I would be tempted to pay the extra and get the AI version if I was actually buying it again or advising someone else but the results are looking really promising. It will take a good while for it to pay for itself as it costs 97p to scan the negs to disc at Tesco but I can also go through all Helens old pictures if I have the scanner and I am really looking forward to doing my own developing in the future. I have just bought a book on it off amazon for 1p :)

Greetings from Downunder! Hope it's not too cold over there; it's a bit warm and sticky here right now.
Re yr problem with the Plustek scanner, I hope you have it sorted out by now. I have had a similar problem with my Plustek 7200 scanner BUT ONLY WHEN SCANNING NEGS. Results with slides have been terrific but with negs, abominable! I put it down to a software problem, because I'm sure most software developers want us to buy the best version they make. Well, it's worked with me, as I intend to get the SilverFast Ai software as soon as I can afford it, preferably in conjunction with a later version of the scanner, such as yours. Let us know how you went.
Regards, Brian

Greetings from Downunder! Hope it's not too cold over there; it's a bit warm and sticky here right now.
Re yr problem with the Plustek scanner, I hope you have it sorted out by now. I have had a similar problem with my Plustek 7200 scanner BUT ONLY WHEN SCANNING NEGS. Results with slides have been terrific but with negs, abominable! I put it down to a software problem, because I'm sure most software developers want us to buy the best version they make. Well, it's worked with me, as I intend to get the SilverFast Ai software as soon as I can afford it, preferably in conjunction with a later version of the scanner, such as yours. Let us know how you went.
Regards, Brian

Actually I gave up and sent it back because it was rubbish !! :thumbsdown:

Back