Bird Photography Challenge #9 - BITL Discussion

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
Bird Challenge #9 - Birds In The Landscape

Time to get a little bit creative this month and get out there and photograph some birds in their enviroment.
A lot of bird photographers (Myself included) seem to concentrate on getting close up shots of our feathered friends showing fine detail and sometimes fail to see the bigger picture.

So the challenge is to show birds in their natural habitat...
It could be a Grouse in the heather with rolling hills behind it.
A Swan on a lake as the sun is setting.
Twenty thousand Starlings displaying at dusk.

It's up to you!

Two photographers I have long admired and who are masters of this style of photography are Ben Hall and Geoff Simpson hopefully a quick look at their work will give you inspiration.

Discussion Only In This Thread images to be posted here

:) Best of luck

Anthony

Lots of scope with this idea. Now we can get out in the countryside and the choice is endless. Thanks, hope you get plently of entries.

Lots of scope with this idea. Now we can get out in the countryside and the choice is endless. Thanks, hope you get plently of entries.

:) Thanks Shirley.

Hopefully like you say 'plenty of scope' with this one and perhaps even a chance for folk to plan ahead and 'picture' the kind of shot they're after.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone interprets this challenge.

Anthony

Good choice Anthony and I apologise for not congratulating you for taking the title :LOL::LOL: Well done (y) Hopefully we shall see a variety of captures

Good choice Anthony and I apologise for not congratulating you for taking the title :LOL::LOL: Well done (y) Hopefully we shall see a variety of captures

:) Cheers Rich.

Open to interpretation and should be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.
(y) Some very nice and varied shots submitted already.

This is awesome Martyn, my type of bird photograph :D

(y)

Cheers Liam, that was taken with a 500mm + 1.4TC, and is cropped ... it was a long long way away .... plus it was foggy that day :D

I was amazed with the detail the lens resolved at the distance it was, here is another crop

The 1st poll I entered (Xmas theme) on this site allowed more than 1 vote. To choose only one out of the lot is a difficult choice to make.

Is there any particular reason why it is all or nothing? I'd prefer at least 3 options, but then that is just me.

Thanks those that have voted for my shot! :love:

It's early days but I'll take 2nd (3rd, or 4th) considering the range of really great images submitted! :clap:

But I'd like not to be last :exit:

If you don`t mind,last is my reserved spot.................:)

Back