TechFurb - anyone heard of them before?

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
They've got a bunch of reconditioned D3 bodies going on E-Bay now and although they have excellent feedback, I've never heard of them...Just wondered if anyone else has previous dealings with them...

Asked a few questions, but as a bulk goods retailer they may not have the expertise to answer even if the kit is mint and genuine...

I looked at that, but as Calumet supply the Police and Military, I might be getting an Army phot's camera back...lol...

These other ones, though slightly more expensive, look to be 'damaged-packaging' seconds...who cares about the box FFS...? Only collectors...
I've asked questions, might get a response sometime soon...

From the pic on Ebay the TF ones don't look like Nikon refurbs, the 2-year warranty label is still on the box and there's no blue "security" tag, these are always removed from the boxes when the cameras are sold as refurbished. The official Nikon refurbs (from JP Solutions) also come with a one year Nikon warranty.

From the pic on Ebay the TF ones don't look like Nikon refurbs, the 2-year warranty label is still on the box and there's no blue "security" tag, these are always removed from the boxes when the cameras are sold as refurbished. The official Nikon refurbs (from JP Solutions) also come with a one year Nikon warranty.

Which was why I though they might be box-damaged 'seconds'...
The photos all appear to be the same and it looks a bit 'crumpled'...

I'm not pulling the pin on this til I know more - still no response to my queries...

Even a 3-month warranty would be enough for me, TBH - long enough to see the general condition of the item and if it had been badly manhandled - any other fault probably wouldn't manifest within the following 12 months anyway...

Accroding to the "About us" section "Our products come from one of the largest electrical retailers in the UK", so they could well be genuine returns :shrug:

Well they've got a batch of a half-dozen or so all at once - sounds like a dropped crate to me... (he says hopefully)...

From the company reg no and what they say at the bottom of the website they are part of DSG Retail. So the stock is probably returns from Dixons/Currys/PCworld.
Hopefully being part of that group means they are not a dodgy setup :shrug:

Edit Must type faster :LOL: :LOL:

They could have been damaged when they fell off the back of a lorry, didn't Nikon have a load stolen :LOL:

The Calumet price does look good £1899 is a steal for such a top bit of kit.

Rob,
did you get a D3 from these guys? If so how was it?

Andrew

I did and it's fine (according to my Dad - they only deliver to UK, so I'll see it myself next month).
No visible marks, scuffs or indeed any evidence it's been used at all.
All ancillaries (strap, cables, battery-charger etc) are individually-wrapped as they would be for a new camera. CD and manual still wrapped.

Delivered the day after my payment went through (in fact I only today got confirmation that payment had been recieved and it's yet to show up in my online banking page...).

Based on what he's told me I'm going to assume it's a store-demo/display example.

TBH even if it's used - if it's got under 10,000 actuations and no gremlins on the sensor, I'll be happy at the price I paid for it...
Second-hand visibly-used (12+ months old) ones still going for £200 more than that on eBay...

Back