1/8 nitro Buggy

Every time these threads come out, I want to dig my gear out!!! Nice cars... I'll get around to taking some shots of my Hyper 8.5p soon (y)

Very nice, I used to race 1/8th Circuit cars 30 years ago as a wee boy, raced for quite a few years, started with an old Mardave with a Thunder Tiger engine, then moved on to a PB full suspension Car with an OPS Engine, then finally an all singing all dancing Serpent with an OS engine, those were the days, makes me want to rekindle my youth and get my boy into it :) used to race all around the North of England

Last edited:
be good to see some action shots! you race?? I used to race 1/10th electric, travelled the country. Used to have a savage too... i do miss them sometimes.

Simon

Nice, I've been trying to get back into R/C but struggle to find bits and bobs to finish my cars off. I've got two 1/10 electric Team Associated cars which are good fun when they're up and running.

Brings back some good memories, I used to race 1/8th off road about a year ago and loved it but got so expensive traveling around the northwest attending race meetings and keeping shed loads of spares as well as lugging about 2 grands worth of kit around. If you have any questions give me a shout.

Brings back old memories used to race these all around the country yeas ago in the British champs.used to be ether PB or Serpents in those days.
In fact i started the club up that first got Lewis Hamilton interested in car racing.

Brings back old memories used to race these all around the country yeas ago in the British champs.used to be ether PB or Serpents in those days.
In fact i started the club up that first got Lewis Hamilton interested in car racing.

Yep Ray the Days of the BRCA is that still going, ive had many PBs and a couple of Serpents, got some great pics from 30 years ago, we can swap stories at the Strobist meet :)

I got a hyper7 for sale if anyones interested i got a starter box for it fitted it with a failsafe and got loads of other odds and sods with it

Funny i was just going through some old photos tonight and found these.
I think the firs one was a tiger and the other was one of the first Pb's.
Ade my have raced against you at some time.

bugg.jpg

i dont have the time to race due to several other hobbys so just bash about on a field by my house, used to do regular meets a few yrs ago with a load of other drivers for a bash in Essex, used to be about 20 of us but sort of fizzled out with the economic down turn and everyone being skint lol

i also have a very old ford Capri which ill get some pics up, think its a 70's Mardave..

Yep the BRCA is still going, serpent are still one of the best 10th scale pan and nitro onroad.

Funny i was just going through some old photos tonight and found these.
I think the firs one was a tiger and the other was one of the first Pb's.
Ade my have raced against you at some time.

bugg.jpg

Hi Ray, I only raced circuit cars, the PB Alpha circuit car was redesigned and released as the PB Mustang off road car which im pretty sure is the car you have there, the red wheels are very distinctive PB, by the way PB was founded by Keith Plested who was the original founder of the BRCA if my memory serves me right

Last edited:
These photos remind me of my now obsolete Tamiya Grasshopper II and Kyosho battery powered buggies. They were lots of fun.

Back