Hamerton Zoo Sawtry, Cambs New Photos Added..

SamuelSlade007

RENEGADE!!!!!!
Name
Frank
Edit My Images
No
Promised daughter a fun time at the zoo... usual face of disgust!! :D ...

then came the bribe... you can use my 40D... Zum!!!..she was in car before i could drink my tea...:LOL:

So off to the zoo we went... her with my first camera + 70-200 slapped on it for close ups, though she did find even this weighty to some degree..

Didn't stop us getting soem cracking shots.. i'll only post mine as she would rather post hers elsewhere...[cough]facebook..

So..where was the zoo.. check it out.. http://hamertonzoopark.com/ if you're ever in Cambs pay them a visit, small yet it took us 3 hours to get round shooting as we went..

Here's my first shot: Lemurs...

f5.7 @400mm

Second we have the trusty meerkat..i'm told not the one from the adverts, as this one spoke with a burmese accent ....well somewhere near Birminghame anyway..??

F4.8 @160mm

I took loads of him and his mates. Very photogenic.

And finally... Blizzard, the Bengal tiger

f5.7 @310mm

He was just feeding on the last twa...person to get frustrated trying to take a photo with an iphone :LOL: ... though daughter disagreed with one chap when he said about him having the better camera, when she'd snapped off a beautiful shot of blizzard herself through the mesh .. :LOL:

Thanks for looking, andy C&C welcome

Last edited:
Lovely photos, I certainly like the 'traditional' meerkat pose (y) Beautifully alert and regal looking ;)

So where do we get to see your daughters' pics or are they too good to be seen :LOL:

hi tina...mmmm...the meerkat pose..well i couldn't pose the others..they'd be more like the sort of thing Dawn posted for one of her 52 weeks.. if you get my meaning!! ;)

as for my daughters..she is too busy thrashing the mystical worlds to PP her photos just yet... but i am planning to shoe horn onto the comp after corrie tonight..

She wasn't too happy with the way Blizzard was tucking into his dinner..mainly the crunching noise.. I'll try and post hers later... giving credit to her ..obviiously.. :)

<snip> mmmm...the meerkat pose..well i couldn't pose the others..they'd be more like the sort of thing Dawn posted for one of her 52 weeks.. if you get my meaning!! ;)<snip>

whatever could you be referring to :LOL:

Hiya Kev,

Great set of photos here and agree with Tina's comment about the meerkat.

All fab clear shots, and love the Tiger's eyes .... beautiful (and tigers are my fav animal .... so that one takes the cake for me ;)) although they are all (y)

Look forward to seeing your daughter's photos ... bet she did a lot better job than you :p

Cheers

Dawn :)

Been to Hamerton Zoo a couple of times with some close friends. Last time was 4 weeks ago. They have some funky albino wallabies there.

Last time I went they little Joeys in their pouches, lovely sight.

For those that live anywhere down near Peterborough it's well worth the short trip.

Kev lesson one, never give the kids your camera they will always take better pictures than you :D

Back