SCAM WARNING - http://www.photostore123.com/

Edit My Images
No
Hi Everyone

I know most of you are aware of scam sites and know what to spot but I wanted to bring you to the attention of someone that has launched a scam site but we are the victims this time as they are pretending to be us and using our old Swindon shop address and phone number.

http://www.photostore123.com/

This website is nothing to do with us so please do not purchase anything as they are a scam!

We are in the process of trying to get it taken down but these things take time.

Regards

Stuart

Just had a look at their site. It appears they have copy pasted loads of info off other site... At some points it talks about yorkshire cameras, running credit checks for delivery services and uses € instead of £.

Always worrying that these sites can just appear and disapear overnight.

Thanks for the heads up :)

I think they were up as yorkshirecameras recently so must be the same people.

we are already getting people emailing us asking if its us so I need to get it shut down as quickly as possible.

Their very low prices are a give away if you know your prices, but i wonder how many innocent people will get ripped off before they're closed down :(

You already saved at least one innocent victim!
Thank's to the author, I already completed the order and almost paid $550 for Nikon d90 (like it could be true), when googled their name and your post comes up in the first line!

Lesson learned: don't be lazy to do a little research if you're not sure about the company. Everything bad comes up these days and only those get tricked wo really ask for it.

Seems to be registered to someone in Lithuania, I'm sure it is all above board, TIC.

Registrar: EVERYONES INTERNET, LTD. DBA RESELLONE.NET
Creation Date: 2011-08-18
Registrant: N/A
laisves pr 14-17
Vilnius, LT 01051

Last edited:
Seems to be registered to someone in Lithuania, I'm sure it is all above board, TIC.

Registrar: EVERYONES INTERNET, LTD. DBA RESELLONE.NET
Creation Date: 2011-08-18
Registrant: N/A
laisves pr 14-17
Vilnius, LT 01051

That doesn't surprise me - a lot of camera scams originate from Lithuania. I sold a D300 on fleabay in 2008 and the buyer (also from Vilnius!) recalled the £939 payment after I shipped it. Paypal repaid him but luckily UPS lost the camera so he never received it. This was the shipping address on that occasion:

Street: Zirmunu 130-5
City: Vilnius
Post code: 09126

If you google 'camera scam Lithuania' several others crop up.

Our e-Crime unit closes thousands of these down every year but, unfortunately, for every one we shut down - another one crops up in its place. Every one I've ever dealt with (peripherally) has originated in Russia, China or Eastern Europe, but most shut down themselves before we get a chance to make much headway. Even more unfortunately, those respective countries' law enforcement bodies lack both capability and willpower to do something about it.

Thankfully, people keep posting about them in forums like this - it gets the name known on search engines, and hopefully some customers will be saved.

It always amazes me how many people fall for these scams - makes me wonder how they function on a day-to-day-basis......

It always amazes me how many people fall for these scams - makes me wonder how they function on a day-to-day-basis......

When I worked on a fraud unit, it was staggering to see just how basic the scams were that people fell for.

I remember one Eastern European gang simply posted adverts for non-existent vehicles on Craigslist and requested deposits of around £2000 from the potential buyer via Western Union - they made an absolute fortune as victim after victim simply transferred money into their account, without ever seeing the vehicle. Needless to say, they never did.

A similar thing happened to a man in a photography scam - he handed over £2000 as payment for a D3 camera via Western Union, having taken a transaction outside of eBay, and - strangely enough - his camera never turned up. Worse still, it had happened to him twice in a month. When he supplied me with his bank statements, I could see that his income was around £10,000 per month, so we can presume that he has some level of intelligence. He was trying to save about £500 off the purchase price of a second-hand model.

Thanks for the advice. Photostore123 came up with the best price for a lens I'm after - will avoid them like the plague.

Be aware dontilo.com looks like the same scam group, using digitaldepot details.

http://www.dontilo.com/lenses/nikon-1/nikon-af-s-70-200mm-f28g-ed-vr-ii-lens

:eek: Yup, thats either stupidly cheap or a total scam! My bet is on the latter!

Oh yes and another Lithuanian registration of domain.... Avoid dontilo.com at all costs.

We are a family run business based in West Yorkshire

7 Wheelers Lane
Smallfield
Surrey
RH6 9PT

That should be enough on it's own, but if not's not here's another site using the same street address....

they even spelt 'shoping' in their logo ffs :bonk:

The City of London Police have got involved and closed the sites down. Good news at last

Stuart

Back