Anybody Used MW Camera Repairs (Miles Whitehead)?

Edit My Images
Yes
I am just looking for feedback to see if anybody has used Miles H Whitehead (mwcamerarepairs.co.uk) before.

My 40D has developed a dodgy shutter button and I need to get it repaired but there's nowhere local that can repair at a sensible price, and after contacting Miles Whitehead, he has quoted me a good price and I can post my camera to him.

Any comments appreciated, thanks!

I've found a couple of mentions on other forums, so I'll be sending in for repair and will leave feedback here on how it goes!

Hi, I must have totally forgotten to report back here!

Yes I did get my camera fixed by Miles and was happy with the service. He was quick to reply to messages, and it took about 2 weeks from sending my camera to receiving it back with a fully working shutter button (the delay was due to the fact that he accepts cheque as payment).

The 40D is still working fine, although used much less since I got my 5D at the start of this year!

I'd give Miles very positive feedback. I sent him a Canon FD lens infected with fungus which another repairer had said was only good for parts. Miles had it cleaned and back together again as good as new in a couple of days.

He's also a very friendly chap and allowed me to use his facilities after I drove down to pick up my lens and drop off an 85-300mm for cleaning :)

One thing to note, he does do a lot of work for professionals and that can push back other jobs depending on how quickly they need to get their kit back.

I received the OM4T I bought from you back from Miles this morning along with a Chrome OM2n, my Olympus outfit is pretty much complete now and is a little larger than I anticipated buying.

He still has a couple of my Pentax film bodies to CLA and return, so I am keeping him busy.

Just to add some feedback, he CLA'd my Pentax MX a while back - and for a very reasonable price to.

Guys,

Just wanted to ask, I Have a Canon Canonet QL25 which I purchased off Ebay. It looks like the aperture blades are stuck in one position and I would like to have it repaired.

Just wondering if you think Miles Whitehead would be best? How did you find the experience/price with them?

Also do you think it would cost a lot to get this type of camera working nicely again?

Have used Miles on a couple of servoces for my Pentax kit.

V good quick and no comms issues

Will use again

S

Miles is professional and offers very competitive prices on his servicing.

Like most repairers, better to ring him directly. He sometimes has a backlog but he'll let you know roughly how long the repair will take if you ask.

Miles is professional and offers very competitive prices on his servicing.

Like most repairers, better to ring him directly. He sometimes has a backlog but he'll let you know roughly how long the repair will take if you ask.

Many thanks for this, I have just sent him an email as this is the only means of communication I can find for him. Do you have a phone number at all?

Many thanks for this, I have just sent him an email as this is the only means of communication I can find for him. Do you have a phone number at all?

01732 848358

That said, he's a lot better at email communication than the vast majority of film camera dealers and technicians, who are often terrible.

Highly recommended. I have used Miles - he lives about 8 miles away. Work is first class and prices very competitive.

Ok, thoughts on this then. I purchased a Canonet QL25 from eBay a long time ago, got it for a cheap price, then found out sometime later it didn't work. Spoke to Miles today and he reckons it will be about £40 quid to get it working so long as the hardware doesn't need replacing? Think it cost me about £15 to start with. Would you get it repaired or not?

I bought a Canonet S from this forum and sent it off to Miles for a CLA and it came back functioning perfectly. It was probably more than the camera was worth but I don't have cameras for show and without Miles's work it was just a paperweight.

Spend the money and keep another camera from the scrap heap.

no problems, I had miles service my 100-400 Canon L lens, good service and good comms.

Andy

Back