weekly Tyredout2's 52 challenge 2012 #9 "Money"

Week 8 Handmade / Homemade

I've been flat out at work and as yet not posted anything for week 7 ( i will do this weekend) but this could almost do 7 & 8 , it's whats left of the tree outside someones house , they chopped the top off it then carved this to make a feature out of whats left.....

6917557819_a539c8a305_z.jpg

Ohh and i've added another shot to week 6 for those who wanted something closer.

Cheers

Steve

Brilliant, root AND handmade! I'd maybe like to see a slightly more "arty" shot of it, but it's great none-the-less, and bang on theme/s!

Brilliant, root AND handmade! I'd maybe like to see a slightly more "arty" shot of it, but it's great none-the-less, and bang on theme/s!

Thanx Southdowns... i'll probably have a play at the weekend and see if i can do anything different with it , but i just wanted to get something on the board and not get to far behind.

Cheers

Steve

Definitely handmade, very unusual image (y)

It certainly is , it's not exactly small either.

Like it. A close up of some of the carvings would work very well.

I'll have a play and see if they would be sharp enough.

What a fantastic object !!!!

A lower pov and shallower dof would look great with that... Well Spotted (y)

I'm there again next month so i might give it a whirl again.

What a wonderful example of an handmade object. The guy/girl who carved that was certainly talented. Nice shot.

Thanx , i would'nt know where to start with something like that.

That's a very impressive carving, wonder how
Long it took.

Think you're right, that's two weeks in one. Good work :)

Well i dont think it was a quick job but it must have felt good to finish it.

Thanx all

Steve

oh that's a wonderful tree, can't help feeling the shot lacks something though, this is the sort of shot I'd get then wonder why it didn't look as good on the PC :LOL: and I'd have no idea how to improve it, maybe some light painting at night? :p

oh that's a wonderful tree, can't help feeling the shot lacks something though, this is the sort of shot I'd get then wonder why it didn't look as good on the PC :LOL: and I'd have no idea how to improve it, maybe some light painting at night? :p

Sounds like a good idea , only problem is i live 364 miles away and wont be there for another month...

Cheers

Steve

Hi, there, handmade is a cracker. The narrative really helps, as it does with many photographs.

The details is great and it must have taken some time to make.

Compositionallt,l maybe a photograph with the small sign in the FG and looking up the carving :thinking:

Cheers,

Hi, there, handmade is a cracker. The narrative really helps, as it does with many photographs.

The details is great and it must have taken some time to make.

Compositionallt,l maybe a photograph with the small sign in the FG and looking up the carving :thinking:

Cheers,

What an amazing carving. A lower DOF would maybe lose some of the little signs and things around it? I'll be interested to see a reshoot of it?

Thanks both .

I may try a re shoot when i'm down there again , and with better light to lol.

Cheers

Steve

This is for all the young whippersnappers out there who have never seen real money when it was worth something... showing my age now... these five had to last me a whole week when i first started work now i cant even get a gallon of diesel for the same ammount.

Week 9 "Money"

6785078594_9281632174_z.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Very nice shot Steve
1 question - where on earth did you get 5 x £1.00 notes

Thanx Manc

I actually have the sixth as well , all consec numbers and brand spanking new , my ex used to work in a bank and yes they were paid for lol, these were fresh off the pile just before they were pulled from use.

Cheers

Steve

One pound notes, ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I started work on about £20 a week, so must be a lot younger than you (!?), but have never had as much disposable income sinse. AND I was giving a third of it to my Mum and Dad for lodging!

Lovely shot! I'm not convinced the background adds anything to it though; I'd like to see this beautifully simple shot on a very simple background I think.

One pound notes, ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I started work on about £20 a week, so must be a lot younger than you (!?), but have never had as much disposable income sinse. AND I was giving a third of it to my Mum and Dad for lodging!

Me to i got £4.70 mother had £3 ,but i made it last lol...

Lovely shot! I'm not convinced the background adds anything to it though; I'd like to see this beautifully simple shot on a very simple background I think.

i did do it with a pain black background and thought it looed ok , and then had a play with layers etc just to fill it out a bit really.

Cheers

Steve

I like this too. Nice and clear. But I initially wondered if having a simple black background would be better too?

lol the good old £1 note ... memories :D
Nice clean shot, I don't mind the background.

Money - That brings back memorise. I'm not convinced by the background but it works and is spot on theme.

Hi Steve.....wow...I can just about remember those notes...like the shot , sharp , simple colors,like the BG...yup...gotta say it...like this a lot :clap:

Mucho thanko , the more i look at it the more i like it.

Great shot, I really like that

me too , thanks

lol the good old £1 note ... memories :D
Nice clean shot, I don't mind the background.

Thanx gramps

Money - really nice to see those old notes again and I love the colour and composition, ver nice work.

Cheers Blank .

Thanks All

Steve

I like this too. Nice and clear. But I initially wondered if having a simple black background would be better too?

Money - That brings back memorise. I'm not convinced by the background but it works and is spot on theme.

I did do one with a plain background but for the theme i think this works better , almost got a 3D effect i think.

Cheers anyway

Steve

nice clear shot, where on earth did you get them from they look new and are all running in numerical sequence.

hi Steve

Money - good composition, well laid out and the use of an odd number again illustrates the point about grouping of items. Nice that it is just 2 colours and that they are not b&w or sepia. Couldn't make up my mind at first about background but in the end i came to like it.

nice clear shot, where on earth did you get them from they look new and are all running in numerical sequence.

They are all brand spanking new , the ex worked in a bank so i got these just before we changed over to the new style.

Cheers

Steve

hi Steve

Money - good composition, well laid out and the use of an odd number again illustrates the point about grouping of items. Nice that it is just 2 colours and that they are not b&w or sepia. Couldn't make up my mind at first about background but in the end i came to like it.

Thanx superpippo , i like it the more i look at it , especially the background.

Cheers

Steve

A very symmetrical shot you have there, think the background works well too, plain simple green / white colours, did you iron them first :LOL:

A very symmetrical shot you have there, think the background works well too, plain simple green / white colours, did you iron them first :LOL:

I'm fully trained in all aspects of domestic service.....and a dab hand with the old iron but no i didnt need to iron them , they have been kept flat since they came of the pile...

Cheers

Steve

Back