weekly Southdowns' 52/2012 - Week 52 - Busy SP Posted. Thank You, and Goodnight :)

Shiny - just brilliant, made me laugh

Hi Mark

Win - good idea, well taken. But how could you give a chance to the one back left with the handicap of what he is carrying:D

Shiny - clever idea and funny - but looks a bit painful from the frown lines that I can see. Good to see that you went to so much trouble for your art, particularly hiring a Travelodge room. But did you really need to go on location for the shoot?:)

:LOL: Nice one Mark
I too have the head for this photograph :D
A great fun image which works well, is bang on theme. Technically too, this works, its well lit and focussed. Good work (y) Iain

Win - I love your tortoise shot. Makes me smile each time I look at it.

Shiny - Another smiler. I like your list of props but think it's a bit over the top to hire a Travelodge room especially for the shot :LOL:

Cheers. The Ritz had no rooms left.

Baldies of the world unite....(y)

Cracker...not many humerus submissions this year and you do two in a row....:clap:

Cheers.

Shiny, a very good bit of thinking that. Excellent.

Shiny - just brilliant, made me laugh

Thanks everyone :)

Hi Mark

Win - good idea, well taken. But how could you give a chance to the one back left with the handicap of what he is carrying:D

Shiny - clever idea and funny - but looks a bit painful from the frown lines that I can see. Good to see that you went to so much trouble for your art, particularly hiring a Travelodge room. But did you really need to go on location for the shoot?:)

I didn't need to go on location, I needed to be where no-one would know I was playing about with makeup and hairspray! Thanks for your comments :)

Morning Mark

Absolutely wonderful take on the theme, cracking shot gave me a right good Saturday morning chuckle too. Sometimes I wish I could think outside of the box like this.

Thanks Simon :) I struggle to find my way into the box mostly!

Last edited:
Quite like that Mark, colourful, like the composition and unusual ... struggling with the 'magical' part though :thinking:

Hi Gramps. No, agreed, not magical in the "enchanted" or "by or as if by magic" sense, but magical by the "of or pertaining to magic" definition; they're cups and a dice from a magic trick, with the movement meant to suggest the trick in progress.

Glad you like it though :)

Hi Gramps. No, agreed, not magical in the "enchanted" or "by or as if by magic" sense, but magical by the "of or pertaining to magic" definition; they're cups and a dice from a magic trick, with the movement meant to suggest the trick in progress.

Glad you like it though :)

(y) see it now

Like the Boldness of the dice and cup and the DOF thats been used works really well

Like this one Mark, the bold colours and the movement in the red cup suggest a trick in progress. I think it needs to be just a tad lighter, could be my laptop screen though. Iain

Thanks everyone :)

Iain, I've increased the exposure slightly (+1 in Lightroom), and agree it does look better. Normally I like to keep the original in the thread and post suggested edits separately, but on this occasion made the change to the jpeg in Lightroom (because I was too lazy to re-do the border from the original raw file!), which then replaces the original file on Flickr.

So everyone, you're looking at the picture AFTER applying Iain's suggested tweak :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Shiny...hahaha this had me laughing for a while, this was my first thought for shiny as soon as I seen the theme, I knew it was just a case of time before someone posted a bald head lol.

Magical...Very good idea, I may go down a similar route.

Matt

'Magical' - The bold colours, motion, and Dof all make it a very pleasing image for me. Think it does portray a trick in progress - so for me bang-on theme !

Nick(y)

Hi there :wave:

had to giggle at your shiny shot , such dedication to the challenge (y):LOL:

Magic.....like the focus & use of DOF....didn't get it straight away but then I can be a bit slow at times :LOL:

Thanks everyone!

I'm really sorry but I'm just not going to have time to go through everyone's threads this week as I'm away from home for work. I'll catch up next week though, I promise :)

Thanks Peter and Mike :)

So here's my take on Vice: Dexter trying to decide whether or not he really does want another one! We all have our vices, and this is his!

52 in 2012-17 by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
magical and vice are both great, your dog is like mine :LOL:

Thanks All :)

Alex, Michael and Gramps, he did get to rip the box to shreds afterwards to find the Bonio we'd hidden in it, so he's not too hard done by!

Summer, he's a very handsome lad, but sadly he's not ours :( We're looking after him for friends while they're on holiday, and at just one year old he's causing chaos!

Our own retriever Rosie is 12 now, and wouldn't have been any good for this shot; the only expression she uses at her age is "grumpy"!!!

Last edited:
By the look on his face, that box is empty :D

Well laid out and nice, sad look in his face.

If I had to make one comment, it's that I feel the border is a bit over powering and take something away from the photograph.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy. The black border is really only there to show off the white one, given that on here and on Flickr until you "view all sizes" it'll be seen on a white or near white background. I felt it was missing something without the white though.

Magical - love the composition and the colours on this.

Vice - awwww poor Dexter deserves another one for patiently waiting. Cracking shot, really love this one.

Back