weekly Southdowns' 52/2012 - Week 52 - Busy SP Posted. Thank You, and Goodnight :)

aw so sorry to hear this Mark :( Sending you and your family healing hugs x

Mandy never begs :) However, this is why this is a photography challenge, not an acting one!!! The idea is that she's kind of fending the chair off, or backing off in fear of the authority! Couldn't think of any other way to do it :(

lol no wasn't complaining (honest) I just couldn't see what she was trying to express. My lack of imagination? anyway now you've said it I can see she is fending off :LOL:

I'm sorry to hear about Rosie Mark. It's never easy to loose a pet but you did the right thing for her. You have some lovely photos and memories to remember her with.

Big hugs to you and your family!

Big hugs to you n yours Mark , losing a loved pet is awful :crying: But you have some great images of her to remember happy times , #1 is just wonderful :clap:

Sorry it's been a very tough week for you Mark. I hope things become easier as the weeks and months unfold.

Nick

Thanks for the comments and lovely hugs everyone :)

Spent last weekend helping my daughter with her dissertation (if you want to know anything at all about the US regulatory response to the food crisis of 2007/8, just ask!), and the rest of the week in Newcastle without my camera, so no shot yet, but I should be able to get it tomorrow night, and once that's posted I'll do my damnedest to catch up on everyone's threads.

Thank you Mike.

Well, it's been a difficult couple of weeks; hope you haven't missed me too much!!

Here's my last minute "Leave". I had a different shot in mind, but it needed better weather. However, I think this works OK? Not sure about the title though; its the departure gate, which is obviously relevant to leave; any suggestions? "Ready to Leave" was my other thought?

It's NOT selective colour :)

I WILL get around everyone else's threads. I will I will I will :bang: :bang: :bang:

W20 - Waiting To Leave.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
sorry to hear about Rosie having had and currently having dogs and cats its so sad when they have to leave us, but they are always happy memories.

like your leave shot there is something about it maybe the view of the plane through the window which says it all

Cheers guys :)

Andy you're right about the clipped sign, but getting an angle to avoid it would have required either rebuilding Southampton Airport, which might have delayed my flight a little, or sitting on that air stewardesses lap. I thought about the latter, but not because of the photo!

Thanks Alan, DK :)

The clipped sign has been bugging me too, so I had a play. I can't get the whole of the actual sign in, but can get all of what's on it:

W20 - Waiting To Leave 2.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
Random...:naughty:

Good ideal. Nice motion blur and well composed. I'd rather the roses on the RH side weren't there, they distract me a tad.

Might me my screen, but it looks a little orange :thinking:

Cheers.

Yes, it is a little orange: I wanted a warm "fireside glow" to it. Too much?

I like the roses! I think it needed a slight feminine feel; didn't want it to look like a brothel, as my little do's are very sophisticated you know! ;)

Last edited:
Hi Mark, So this is what you get up to when you're not on here!!:)

I like this, the colour and movement helps to give it atmosphere and I agree the roses do give a feminine touch! a good idea and far more imaginative than I could come up with!!:):)

Well thought out and executed I think, there are easier ways to win a decent car though Mark :D

'Random' - Good concept could possibly make a good stock image, quite like the movement of the hand picking up the keys. Soft lighting adds atmosphere as does the depth of field. Roses are a nice touch too. A swingingly good photograph :LOL:

Nick

Leave, very good, bang on theme

Random, the little bit of movement works nicely, I feel the roses add to it, excellent, hope you enjoyed the party :D

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it!

The party was OK, but I've decided the grass is NOT greener on the other side, so Mandy's going to have to put up with me for another 25 years! She is such a lucky woman!

Hi Mark,

I was also very sad to hear about Rosie...big hugs to you and your family from me too.

Think you've done great with the last two themes, leave is just excellent I love it! Composition is very good and I like the round window. The crop has caught just enough of the plane to tell the story. It definately captures leave. Well done.

Random, well you've excelled yourself with this one. You've set up and photographed this very well. Lighting, composition and DOF all spot on. (y)

Carol

I love this one very good take on the theme, so how many cars do you have?? lol I think I would like to see a version with only one hand though :clap:

Thank you Carol! Both of these last two were quite quick shots: maybe I'm better when I don't think about it too much!

Summer, thanks :) I only have a few cars, and in fact I'm thinking of selling the Bently because the Rolls is just so much better around town (or at least that's what my driver tells me).

I threw the one with one hand out I'm afraid. It was OK, but I thought it looked too much like someone just picking up their keys to go to the shops! You needed to know there was more than one person there.

:LOL: Nice one Mark, a humorous (sp) take on the theme.
I think you have got the lighting spot on with this, a warm feel to the image, it tells a story. Iain

Thanks Iain, that's what I was aiming for, so that's nice to hear :)

Temperature.

As far as I can see from my office at the bottom of the garden, the house is still standing, so I guess the fire is out now :(

I think this is a good measure of how much I've learned. Simillar technique etc to my shot for root, but while I'm not sure the result is any better, I certainly felt like I knew what I was doing much more. Maybe!

"Extremes of Temperature" (AKA "Fire and Ice"). C&C very gratefully received :)

W22 - Extremes of Temperature.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
Temperature - A take brilliant week on this weeks theme and an outstanding effort. I like it a lot, great balance of extreme temperatures. The directional and angled lighting is really good. You had to work very quickly with that shot or the ice would of melted in these temperatures. Spot on focusing too !

Best interpretation of this weeks theme so fa and one to be proud of (y)

Nick

Back