canon 1dx a bit quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I wont be getting one for ages and ages I can't wait for it to come out and read/see how great it is.

Last edited:
To add, 1DXs are in use at Euro 2012 if you look hard enough
Yes, heres a crowd shot

images

But seriously, i know someone who had the use of one for 2 weeks and he said apart from losing the crop factor extra reach he was blown away with the speed, accuracy and improvement in high ISO

Last edited:
To add, 1DXs are in use at Euro 2012 if you look hard enough

Carl Recine who shoots all England games (home and away) is shooting the UEFA Euro 2012 with a 1Dx. You can read his impressions Here

Last edited:
IGADIZ said:
Carl Recine who shoots all England games (home and away) is shooting the UEFA Euro 2012 with a 1Dx. You can read his impressions Here

Snigger...

He's the opposition! :LOL:

Snigger...

He's the opposition! :LOL:

Excuse my ignorance but, What do you mean opposition?... Did he shoot Nikon before?...Or do you mean it as a competing agency?

Last edited:
Well I'm far from an expert, and certainly not a professional, but that testimonial smacks of nothing other than a guy who's taking home a big fat Canon pay cheque (or a job lot of shiny new canon kit) saying nothing more than what Canon wants him to say.

Well I'm far from an expert, and certainly not a professional, but that testimonial smacks of nothing other than a guy who's taking home a big fat Canon pay cheque (or a job lot of shiny new canon kit) saying nothing more than what Canon wants him to say.

He works for these people He does not work for Canon.
Moreover, having tested a pre-production model for 10 days, I fully agree with his writings and, I can assure you , I don't work nor do I get any freebies from Canon.

IGADIZ said:
Excuse my ignorance but, What do you mean opposition?... Did he shoot Nikon before?...Or do you mean it as a competing agency?

Yup! The latter. :)

I use Nikon

I had the privilege of using a VIP model for the afternoon yesterday - it is staggeringly amazing

please do not suggest Carl receives a pay cheque for his words.. there is no wonder that the pro / wannabe 'tog' divide grows on a daily basis :bonk:

:banana: Is coming home, is coming home, is coming.... this one is coming home. :)

Un-official but, he says they ship tomorrow from Japan...

And it is mighty slow ship..

Some Japanese people have them already clicky So, they are really shipping now. Shop recon I'll have it next week. (y)

Ivan have you had it confirmed that you'll have yours next week?

The shop rep were I pre-ordered mine told me the cameras ship from Japan today and that it is very likely I will have it in my hands next week. I am #1 in their waiting list.

WOW excellent news. Can't wait to hear about it from some 'non Canon pre-selected few'.

I reckon it's going to be such a beast. One day I am sure that I will own one but not for a couple of years. 1D4 and 5D3 will do me until then.

5D3 is an excellent camera and together with the 1 D4 it makes a formidable combo. For non pre-orders / olympics togs, the 1Dx is going to be hard to get for the next few months.

Yes I agree the 1D4 and 5D3 are a great combo. Not in hurry for a 1Dx - in a couple of years will be fine.

There is a full test in this weeks Amateur photographer magazine if anyone wants an interesting read :)

Wrong thread... sorry

Last edited:
There is a full test in this weeks Amateur photographer magazine if anyone wants an interesting read :)

"The finest Canon DSLR ever tested"

and if he had to choose only one camera to use, it would be the 1D X .

They seem to like it....

"The finest Canon DSLR ever tested"

and if he had to choose only one camera to use, it would be the 1D X .

They seem to like it....

I think its a really good camera,but havnt AP been saying that about every Canon camera that come out :D

I think its a really good camera,but havnt AP been saying that about every Canon camera that come out :D

Since Damien Demolder wandered onto the scene they have come over as extremely pro-Nikon IMO.

I'm just back from my dealer. He asked me to come in an settle the balance for my 1Dx pre-Order to secure my unit. Camera on it's way from Japan should be with me this coming Tuesday. Woot,woot,woot!!!! :banana:

90+ hours and counting (y)

I'm just back from my dealer. He asked me to come in an settle the balance for my 1Dx pre-Order to secure my unit. Camera on it's way from Japan should be with me this coming Tuesday. Woot,woot,woot!!!! :banana:

Good stuff.

I rang mine and still waiting on canon to give them conformation on my unit :bang::bang:

For what I understood, bodies will be allocated first to CPS members who placed their pre-order with a Canon approved Pro shop. I don't know if Clifton Cameras was on the list of shops Canon had in the dedicated web page.
Maybe worth a check

Ivan - are you shooting at The Olympics? If so what events?

I have a pre-order with Mifsuds and they rang me to request my CPS details as Canon had asked them for it. I am not holding my breath this time, I really needed it for May this year and thought it would not be a problem when I ordered it.
I did get a letter from Canon followed by a confirmation email from Frankie saying they had allocated one against the Mifsuds order number I had sent them. Fingers crossed time, hope it will not be too much longer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back