Wimbledon Final 2012

Great set, #6 and #9 sum the event up nicely :D

Great experience... great shots! The last one is my fave by a long way :)

Great set, #6 and #9 sum the event up nicely :D

Thank you!

Great experience... great shots! The last one is my fave by a long way :)

Thanks very much, I wonder what it is about the last one you like? ;)

Your FB selection is stunning...duly shared with a comment.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151108129540695.498918.684675694&type=1

I hope you don't mind me sharing the link?

Thanks Tom, I don't mind at all, it's a very similar selection to these, just a few more photos of a couple of my mates!

Last edited:
Really nice Pete! :)

#1 - Love how you've managed to capture the packed court. What lens on your D800?

#13 - Rain, brollies, queue, dark sky .. but with the last of the sun breaking through giving the pic some nice shadows. (y)

Really nice Pete! :)

#1 - Love how you've managed to capture the packed court. What lens on your D800?

#13 - Rain, brollies, queue, dark sky .. but with the last of the sun breaking through giving the pic some nice shadows. (y)

Thank you, the wide shot was taken with the 14-24 2.8 and the others with the 70-200 2.8 VRII. I forgot the 1.4 teleconverter so was glad of the megapixels on the d800 for cropping.

Nice set

I like how you've framed number 10 to include his girlfriend on the big screen during his post match interview. Sums the day up really.

Thinking about it - isn't that the scoreboard ?

Last edited:
Very nice set indeed. The details are just amazing. I had a go at one over the weekend and I was very impressed. What an excellent camera.

Here is a full sized JPEG from the RAW file of a crowd shot if anybody is interested in seeing it...

Yes, interesting shot Pete, and a nice set from the day (shame AM didn't get a couple more :().

I think it also shows how hard it is to max out the resolution from that amazing sensor. There's a lot of CA in your crowd shot, and purple fringing around bright shirts and tops. Exif says 200mm at f/5.6, so I'm assuming your 70-200 2.8 VR - hardly an unsharp lens, but the sensor can clearly resolve more than it's giving.

Edit: sorry, meant to post this on the Nikon D800 thread

Last edited:
Some great shots.Wish I'd been there. (How did you get a ticket?if you don't mind me asking)

No.10 for me (because of her face on the screen) - well spotted Pete! :clap:

Nice set of images particually the action shots but really like the one with the lads & the umbrellas

No.10 for me (because of her face on the screen) - well spotted Pete! :clap:

woah, shot no. 10 is great...should be very happy with that one

Great set. Hope you had a good day. #10 is my favourite as well.

Excellent stuff. I love no 6.

Number 10 for me too. Good set of shots.

Fantastic shots Love them

Nice set of images particually the action shots but really like the one with the lads & the umbrellas

Thanks guys

Late to the game with a comment but like the others No 10 just captures the emotion of the day perfectly.

Pete - if I were you I'd send No.10 to Murray. He'll appreciate it someday (perhaps not quite yet though). Good shot!

Last edited:
Back