Fallen in love with The Lake District (Part 2)

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Hope its ok to start a new thread instead of these getting hidden at the end of my other thread.

Heres my other thread with other photos if you've not seen them.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=444755

Again please let me know your thought good or bad :)

8139646931_58c263f4a0_c.jpg

8139734142_8fefe7b429_c.jpg

8139708554_8c25071de8_c.jpg

8139756707_59458282a5_c.jpg

8139821936_45505308b3_c.jpg

A great set which gives a good flavor of the Lake District. Not so keen on the first shot, but really like the compositions of the second and third, fine work.

looked at both sets and a nice take on some popular spots, we have spent loads of time in the Langdales one of my favourite spots, try to get back up their in the winter, the light and early morning mists transform some of the views and you see things very differently, one of the joys of the lakes.

sbowler579 said:
A great set which gives a good flavor of the Lake District. Not so keen on the first shot, but really like the compositions of the second and third, fine work.

Not normally a fan of Obvious HDR shots but I think this works well with a bit more HDR on it.

skiwhiz said:
looked at both sets and a nice take on some popular spots, we have spent loads of time in the Langdales one of my favourite spots, try to get back up their in the winter, the light and early morning mists transform some of the views and you see things very differently, one of the joys of the lakes.

Would love to get back up there in a full winter, how are the roads at that time with snow and ice?

Hiya Simon,

Another lovely set of pics here. Really like the composition, especially #3 and #4. Well done, looks like you really had a great time.

To answer your question regards the roads, well they can be quite treacherous in the more rural areas, especially the roads that don't get gritted. However, the main roads seem to be treated so not too much of a problem, so long as you take it easy and don't go bombing around on the roads.

Also there can be thick fog at times, which can make visibility almost impossible.

I was up there in January this year with some fellow TP togs and we had a great time.

Fortunately for me, I drive a car that has AWD so maneuvering the roads was not too much of a problem, and hence why I love to visit the Lake Districs in the autumn/winter seasons.

If you do go during winter, remember to be prepared for adverse weather and pack blankets, shovel, warm clothes and a hot flask. Most of all have fun :D

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dawn :)

did you eat at the giggling goose? we were going :( to but thought wed go shoot the weir just up the road came back closed :(

Last edited:
Back