Here comes Santa Claus

S

stupar

Thought I would post this image in here seeing as I'm continuing to work on my portraiture.
This image was the fruition of my wife's idea to make bespoke Xmas cards for all the family so I was instructed to take a photo for the frontage.

This is what I came up with.
No flashes or modified lighting just natural light through a large window to the right.
I have deliberately added a Gaussian blur layer to give the image a little mystical magical feel (not something I would do for normal portraits) so will understand it won't be to everyone's tastes.

Background was a white sheet draped over the fire place with some fairly lights back lighting it.
The blur layer also helped to smooth out some of the folds in the white sheet.

Happy to receive comments and critique on this image as its all part of the learning process.

Oh and sorry to all the Bah Humbuggers :D

8165064514_09e20b37e9_b_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha, yep like that one. Definitely card material and plenty of space at the top for text
Nice one Stuart (y)

Ahh bless , great image and should work well for your bespoke card,.

Last edited:
Liking this picture a lot - I'm sure the family will be over the moon with the cards.

stupar said:
Thought I would post this image in here seeing as I'm continuing to work on my portraiture.
This image was the fruition of my wife's idea to make bespoke Xmas cards for all the family so I was instructed to take a photo for the frontage.

This is what I came up with.
No flashes or modified lighting just natural light through a large window to the right.
I have deliberately added a Gaussian blur layer to give the image a little mystical magical feel (not something I would do for normal portraits) so will understand it won't be to everyone's tastes.

Background was a white sheet draped over the fire place with some fairly lights back lighting it.
The blur layer also helped to smooth out some of the folds in the white sheet.

Happy to receive comments and critique on this image as its all part of the learning process.

Oh and sorry to all the Bah Humbuggers :D

Great shot is this Stuart, and it's exactly the same thing I'm looking for when I do mine.
Can I ask, did you use a tripod ? And what lens ? And what other settings/mode on the camera ?

What a lovely little fan I have there!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Super Cute, family will be thrilled to receive cards with that image on!! You'll have to do it each year now!

AndyorDij said:
I'm a bit of a "Bah Humbuggar"......but this has put a big smile on my face!!...very nice image indeed and when he grows up i'm sure he will thankyou for this..hoho!
Andy

MrsF said:
Super Cute, family will be thrilled to receive cards with that image on!! You'll have to do it each year now!

Thanks, yes once you start the trends there's no stopping.

Back