Stolen Canon Equip, please be aware

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Community,

tonight I have been victim of a very serious home burglary. Next to a lot of other items a big chunk of my Canon equip has been stolen.
If you have bought/see or someone offers you following items for a suspicious price, please contact the Police or write me a message.
Items has been stolen from around Hanger Lane (London/Ealing) on the 25th November 2012.

Canon 400D (Serial: 1731118374)
Canon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 (no serial either)
Canon 17-40mm f4L (Serial: 455879)
Canon 24-70mm f2.8L (Serial: 3523771)
Canon 50mm f1.4 (Serial: 69300478
Canon 70-200mm f4L IS (Serial: 260101)
Canon Speedlite 600EX RT (Serial: 0503123610)
Canon Speedlite 430EX (Serial: 694430)
Canon Speedlite 430EXII (Serial: b30797)
Canon BG E11 (Serial: 0801000648)

Thanks,
Chee

Last edited:
Not another!
Really sorry to hear about this, hope you have insurance.

If you have bought/see or someone offers you following items for a suspicious price, please contact the Police or write me a message.
Items has been stolen from around Hanger Lane (London/Ealing) on the 25th November 2012.
I take it you want us to report if we see these items for sale, even if the items are going for their normal selling price, not just suspiciously low?

Sorry to hear of the theft, I will keep my eyes open for your gear, as I am always trawling the net.

Hope you get your gear back, or replaced by insurance.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this :(

I regularly check the net for used Canon Equipment and will also keep an eye out.

Best places will be Freeads and local Cash Converter type shops. It's worth leaving your details with them in case someone comes into their shop.

Good Luck.

Matt

If you still have some original shots from the 400D then you should be able to get the serial number from the Exif.

Bob

The 600EX RT flash will be a rare item on the second hand market - that's the one I'd be concentrating my search on with the local stores... The other stuff is pretty common.. Sorry to hear the loss though..

@all: Thanks for the help!
@CanonBob: Thanks for the tip, I found the serial on my older photos. updated my first post.

Have a look on http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/ and see if it finds anything. I've known it work for a couple of people so hopefully it'll help you. Good luck with getting your stuff back, I'll keep an eye out on a few different forums too.

Thanks for the tips, I will def. try my luck with those sites mentioned.

Another thing which would help is:

If you use other Forums and sites, please copy this as this might increase the number of people I could reach.

I very much appreciate all your help and I am glad to be in this community.

Greetz,
Chee

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Chee, hope you have some joy at recovering the equipment. It's also a good reminder for folks to keep note of their serial numbers.

I take it you will be looking at Ebay and Gumtree especially the latter

Did they take any of the Canon boxes? There is a 600 on Gumtree here with the box listed yesterday east London

Last edited:
@adrian5127: No they left all boxes behind, but I think it's easy enough to get those boxes from somewhere else. Thanks for the link, I have spotted it as well and have passed it to the police to do further investigation.

And again, I thank you all for your help, very much appreciated.

Chee

P.S.: In case the stuff can be retrieved (even partially) I would be delighted to treat you for a coffee or a pint somewhere in London ;)

adrian5127 said:
I take it you will be looking at Ebay and Gumtree especially the latter

Did they take any of the Canon boxes? There is a 600 on Gumtree here with the box listed yesterday east London

Intrigued why the advert says "No fake £20 notes or other fake notes accepted."

Sorry about the loss OP, this model of flashgun is definitely a good item to try and track down on the bay or tree.

Was it stolen with any camera bags or accessories that they might try and flog with it?

@ACW: Yes, with following items:

- 2x8GB SanDisk Extreme
- 1x4GB SanDisk Extreme
- 1 x Lowepro Fastpack 350
- 1 x Crumpler Pretty Boy XXL (Black Orange with 1 insert)
- 1 x Garyfong Collapsible (no domes)
- 1 x JJC Replacement Flash Battery Pack full with white Eneloops (Eneloops are colour coded with stripes in a set of 4)
- 1 x Carl Zeiss Cleaning Set
- 1 x original Canon LP E6 Battery

Oh, and also a Fuji X100 silver Black. The Serial yet to find because they torn all the boxes into a puzzle. The X100 has a tiny scratch on the rear bottom left, a black JJC lenshood which is screwed onto a 52mm !!! Hoya HD UV Filter and those two are screwed on a 52mm adapter (this is rather unusual because I only bought that to use my existing filters). They took the camera without the original battery but one of my 3rd party ones called "INOV8 Battery Pack for NP95". The display has a screenprotector with a tiny bubble on the centre right side. The usual x100 camera strap. Black non branded lenscap connected with a black cord to the lens hood (cord is so short that it just fits)

Last edited:
Everything which is valuable. Cash, Jewellery, Electronics, the usual stuff those B astards (sorry for language) would take and try to make into money.

dam chee i feel to cry for you, i dont know what id do if we ever got robbed, i have not a fraction of gear what you have but still i would never be able to recover from something like this as we dont have house insurance, just cant afford it :( im thinking of you mate and hope it works out for you :( will keep a close eye on the usuall sites for you buddy

dam chee i feel to cry for you, i dont know what id do if we ever got robbed, i have not a fraction of gear what you have but still i would never be able to recover from something like this as we dont have house insurance, just cant afford it :( im thinking of you mate and hope it works out for you :( will keep a close eye on the usuall sites for you buddy

I know that this thread isn't about house insurance but please get some. Even if it's the most basic. I really hope you are only talking about contents and not buildings.
If you say you cant afford the insurance then imagine trying to replace just a TV, DVD player and some other nice things.
Please, I know of people who have lost out, after they realise just how much they have lost.

Chee,

After discussion with Marcel we have created a permanent sticky in relation to stolen equipment HERE and I have created a reply for you pointing to this thread.

Back