Daily BobBCN 365 (2013) Finished!

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone!

Well, here goes for a second year.

This year (as mentioned at the end of my 366 last year) with a thematic touch to the whole affair. Here are my themes once again - 12 weekly themes done 4 times during the year with some days left at the end.

Week 01, 13, 25, 37 - Concrete Jungle - Architecture and all that.
Week 02, 14, 26, 38 - Plastic People - Dummies in shops, statues in museums, toys etc
Week 03, 15, 27, 39 - Bokeh Bonanza - Blurry backgrounds, blurry foregrounds .....
Week 04, 16, 28, 40 - Monochrome - Probably overlapping other themes, but in B/W!!
Week 05, 17, 29, 41 - Abstract - Creativity unleashed!
Week 06, 18, 30, 42 - Joker Week - Anything that takes my fancy ......
Week 07, 19, 31, 43 - Reflections - Mirrors, glass etc
Week 08, 20, 32, 44 - Machinery - Machines, transport etc
Week 09, 21, 33, 45 - Sport - Probably more volleyball than anything else .......
Week 10, 22, 34, 46 - Streetlife - At work, at play, candid street stuff ......
Week 11, 23, 35, 47 - Long Players - Light trails, ND filters, 1" to 'bulb'
Week 12, 24, 36, 48 - Macro - When I become the Lord of the Rings .....

..............................................................................​

So, on to WEEK ONE - Concrete Jungle

Seven shots taken in Bradford, UK.

1. Alley
by BobBCN, on Flickr

2. Subway
by BobBCN, on Flickr

3. Scaffold
by BobBCN, on Flickr

4. Mondrian
by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Remaining three on next page ......

Last edited:
Cool series, it's great you are keeping to weekly themes. You succeeded in the first week very well (#2,4 and 7 are my favs I think). Looking forward to the next theme challenge!

Love #7 and also #4, we have some blocks of flats near here that I need to get snapping. Love a bit of window ;)

Excellent start look forward to seeing some more(y)

Loving 4 & 7, very nice. I'm blatantly going to steal your idea of using themes for a week at a time (or at least try to) to give me something to focus on. (y)

Thanks for the comments so far. I'll be visiting your threads later on today.
Looks like 'Puddle' is the best of the bunch - but I suppose that everyone is aware that it's actually upside down.

Chris (Origin) - glad that you want to steal my idea, feel free, no problem. I also stole it - well, adapted it - from the 52 challenge. After a year on this forum I started to see what interested me, hence the 12 themes. Living in BCN there are no flowers, birds, landscapes etc. It's very much 'city' or 'urban' but there you go.

Cheers.

Great start to this years 365 - really like them all, but 4 and 7 stand out for me. Great list of themes as well, I'm looking forward to seeing each set as it comes along. :)

Great start to this years 365 - really like them all, but 4 and 7 stand out for me. Great list of themes as well, I'm looking forward to seeing each set as it comes along. :)

Thanks Samantha. (y) I'll be popping into your thread shortly.

Week Two

This week's theme (for me) has been 'Plastic People' - so I had a rummage through a box of Scalextric stuff (another hobby from another time) to produce these shots - hope you like 'em.

First a couple of 'self-portraits' ...........

8. Togger1 by BobBCN, on Flickr

9. Togger2 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Next post for remaining 5 images.

oh so cool .. i have a small collection of scalextrix somewhere ...will have to see what i canfind in the box :)

I have to say , that I much prefered last weeks shots to these. They are all well executed - but just don't do anything for me really - sorry :(

Only spotted this now! I would agree the the first week does more for me than the second week. On saying that I quite like the idea behind week 2 and how you've executed. Good luck with week 3! Looking forward to being overdosed with BOKEH!! :)

Another great week Bob , I love the self portrait in Number 12 !!!

But number 11 is my favourite !

Cheers Vince! glad you like 'em.

oh so cool .. i have a small collection of scalextrix somewhere ...will have to see what i canfind in the box :)

I would if I were you. You never kow what you might find: apart from poss photography subjects, you might some rarety worth a bob or two. (If you do, let me know first!)

I have to say , that I much prefered last weeks shots to these. They are all well executed - but just don't do anything for me really - sorry :(

No probs there - I accept all comments as honest opinions. There's nowt wrong with saying that certain shots don't appeal to you etc.

Only spotted this now! I would agree the the first week does more for me than the second week. On saying that I quite like the idea behind week 2 and how you've executed. Good luck with week 3! Looking forward to being overdosed with BOKEH!! :)

Again, no probs on your comments. And as you say, the idea of my thematic 365 is just that - sticking to the theme on all shots for each week that goes by.

Overall nice work Bob, I love that you've found a little photographer (y) that instandtly makes those ones the winner for me (y)

Yep, the little photographers have stolen the show. The blue one is a more modern example but the one in shot 12 is quite an old one - maybe dating back to the 70s.

Cheers to everyone. (y)

Only coming across this now Bob, like the themes idea. No 7 in the first week would be my fav of those, had me turning my tablet upside down to work it out:LOL:
The second week is pretty cool, the jockeys are very unusual and the photographers are great.

Enjoying your themed series, those scalextric figures look ace! I could easily spend a week playing with them.

Thanks for the comments on my first two weeks.

And so onto WEEK 3 - Bokeh Bonanza

Here are some wide-aperture shots but with the idea of creating a kind of 'all in day's work' theme: Cooking, Washing Up, Decorating, Working, Playing, Deciding and Relaxing.

Had fun thinking up the different activities.

There's also an extra shot as 'Joker' of a more conventional bokeh shot.

Hope you like 'em.

15. Cooking by BobBCN, on Flickr

16. Washing Up by BobBCN, on Flickr

17. Decorating by BobBCN, on Flickr

18. Working by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Mmm, dinner looks very appetising and relaxing is just that. Excellent images

Good set of images - tough call doing the set subjects each week but you seem to be coping very well! Personally I love the candles :)

Bokeh bonanza is very good. I quite like the oddity of the light shot. Quite an interesting one.

After the 'train' shots, some 'bar' shots .......

25. Clutter by BobBCN, on Flickr

26. Terrace by BobBCN, on Flickr

27. TP Status by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And finally a pair of scissors - can't think why at the moment.

28. Scissors by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I was actually a bit under the weather and so I only took advantage of what was around me in my daily routine so to speak. Didn't even have the desire to take the trusty Canon, hence the mobile shots. Also haven't visited anyone else's posts :bang: but I will make amends for that.

Cheers

Trust you are feling much better, particularly like Platform, but they all work very well as mono's.

I like them all, although the scissors are a slightly random addition to the set :D Have to say that my preference is for your first set - I love all three of those! :)

Hope you are feeling better.

Back