2013 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 Water

And still they come

Welcome aboard.... Now jump in and feel the warmth that is TP52 2013, :)

..... Eeeek, too much coffee.... Or not enough!!

Blimey, what happened - I don't check the thread for a couple of days and the spreadsheet is showing 104 names! Lets hope it lasts :)

Ack!

Just discharged again. Been banned from leaving the house! So much for the photos of the season! Better hope it's snowing this weekend!
Ahhhh you can set something up indoors - or open your window and stick the lens out :D

Blimey, what happened - I don't check the thread for a couple of days and the spreadsheet is showing 104 names! Lets hope it lasts :)
I like your optimism Nicky :D

Just a thought for when we're a little further in to this year.......thought I'd chuck a crazy idea in to the pot just in case we haven't enough to do with taking shots & commenting :eek:

One week I quite fancy seeing people post up their shot along with the original un-edited version....just to get a handle on who does what & how , plus it gives an insight as to what can be achieved with pp .

I spend far longer these days trying to get it right in camera but invariably end up tinkering to some degree or other :D

Doesn't have to be compulsory but I think it'd be kinda helpful ...would possibly help the people who are really new to shooting to see that the image presented is not nesessarily what came out of the camera . I get really down sometimes looking at stunning images & wondering why I can't produce similar quality shots...then I find out that it's actually 21 images stacked or something along those lines

I'll leave it to you guys n gals to discuss further :wave:

Just a thought for when we're a little further in to this year.......thought I'd chuck a crazy idea in to the pot just in case we haven't enough to do with taking shots & commenting :eek:

One week I quite fancy seeing people post up their shot along with the original un-edited version....just to get a handle on who does what & how , plus it gives an insight as to what can be achieved with pp .

I spend far longer these days trying to get it right in camera but invariably end up tinkering to some degree or other :D

Doesn't have to be compulsory but I think it'd be kinda helpful ...would possibly help the people who are really new to shooting to see that the image presented is not nesessarily what came out of the camera . I get really down sometimes looking at stunning images & wondering why I can't produce similar quality shots...then I find out that it's actually 21 images stacked or something along those lines

I'll leave it to you guys n gals to discuss further :wave:

Call the doctor, we have a lunatic in the place!!! :D

I'm up for owt. Not wanting to make it overly cumbersome, but how about a bit of a processing talk through, How we got from the incamera photograph the the final photograph. Might even screen record mine and upload to Youtube :help:

Hi, new to the site & would like to join in if that's ok ?

YAY !!!! got my PC back today :)

On opening package found CPU fan loose again (same as when I first got it) :(

Onto support... let me fix it myself, took bloody ages with the wrong tools :(

Get it home, plug it in and all my settings have gone - can't find LR/PS code's now either :bang:

Flip en heck Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :sulk:

YAY !!!! got my PC back today :)

On opening package found CPU fan loose again (same as when I first got it) :(

Onto support... let me fix it myself, took bloody ages with the wrong tools :(

Get it home, plug it in and all my settings have gone - can't find LR/PS code's now either :bang:

Flip en heck Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :sulk:

Could be worse......:thinking:maybe not ;)

Dark Knight said:
Well... got my LR serial finally - Happy Days :D

Can't believe all my stuff has gone, Anti-virus, WinRar, Mailwasher, Struggling to recover LR catalogue now :thinking:

Did it go back to the manufacturer for repair?
If there were OS issues they couldn't resolve most likely they backed up your data, did a restore from the recovery partition/image, then restored your data on top of that :(

On windows if they had done a repair install....put the windows disk in again and let it go through and fix things, then it would have kept your apps and settings

Thanks Ollie for setting up the flickr group, I've added mine to it :)

Lets hope this week's theme is 'Cold' :)

Did it go back to the manufacturer for repair?
If there were OS issues they couldn't resolve most likely they backed up your data, did a restore from the recovery partition/image, then restored your data on top of that :(

On windows if they had done a repair install....put the windows disk in again and let it go through and fix things, then it would have kept your apps and settings
Yes it did go back to them, it was the motherboard they replaced.. when I turned it on I thought I had lost everything :eek:

But Data still there on D:drive thank god, so I have pics, music etc but all program's gone off C: Drive

Still not got it all back and set up but getting there - having problems with Bullguard now :thinking:

Last edited:
Looking good so far people and a few new members. Cracking range of photographs. I've managed to comment on everyone's photographs so far. But not easy. Especially commenting whilst on the loo at work....I know too much information, but you must feel special :D

Cheers all and if I've missed you let me know.

Looking good so far people and a few new members. Cracking range of photographs. I've managed to comment on everyone's photographs so far. But not easy. Especially commenting whilst on the loo at work....I know too much information, but you must feel special :D

Oh Dear :LOL:

haha, were you over critical of those while you were enthroned, being as all you could think was "cr*p, cr*p, cr*p!" :)

posiview said:

You are far too dedicated to the cause :notworthy:

My hubby is away now, obviously my youngest turns insomniac & gets a lurgy and all time is lost:bonk:

I have ideas for season though, but my first attempts have failed! Fingers crossed I get it sorted tomorrow.

God, I hope next weeks theme isn't snow, I must have shot 500 pics today! Having said that, whatever it is will be done from indoors I think!

Dark Knight said:
Yes it did go back to them, it was the motherboard they replaced.. when I turned it on I thought I had lost everything :eek:

But Data still there on D:drive thank god, so I have pics, music etc but all program's gone off C: Drive

Still not got it all back and set up but getting there - having problems with Bullguard now :thinking:

Hmm....was that a freebie? I tried it for a while and it killed the performance of my pc to be honest, plus it didn't catch some stuff it should have
I'd recommend ESET

posiview said:

I am loving looking at all the photos, but am finding I am not paying as much attention to other forums as a result....there are only so many hours in the day!

Hmm....was that a freebie? I tried it for a while and it killed the performance of my pc to be honest, plus it didn't catch some stuff it should have
I'd recommend ESET
Yes it was... I usually use AVG Free... but my new PC came with 1yr Bullguard, it doesn't seem too bad, but having said that I also regularly run 'Superantispyware' which pics up masses of crap :)

I'll try ESET when my sub's runs out - Thanks :)

Gravity....:clap:

I've done a few levitation photographs and recall submitting one for one of my lot 52s.

Bags of ideas for this one.

Cheers and good luck all. (y)

Back