Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
JANUARY:-
Physiogram (4)
City Lights/Night Lights (5)

FEB:-
Natural Light (1)

This is my thread for the 2013 ETC challenge.

Im currently doing a 52 as well as this, looking to learn some new skills throughout the year. Im quite limited on equipment at the minute as im perusing an interest in underwater photography and that is taking up most of my cash so ill have to make do with what ive got at the min.

January:-

Ive not really had the weather down in Portsmouth to get out and get the shots ive wanted to do this month so for now ive done 4 Physiograms. Ill be looking to get out when the weather decides to give it a rest and do some lights before the end of the month.

Well here goes....

Physiogram1 by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Physiogram2 by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Physiogram3 by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Physiogram4 by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Ive got to say its not as easy as it looks. My torch was a multi LED type so i think thats why there are a number of smaller lines inside the the thicker outline.

Cheers Lee

Last edited:
Well heres another 5 images for my ECT this time its Street Lights. The Portsmouth ones where taken this evening. I couldnt get my camera to find focus so i had to take a few shots setting the focus manually. Should this happen in low light or could my cameras auto focus be defective?

The final three images where taken a while ago and i have never really put them anywhere other than facebook. Didn't really want to use photos i had already taken but i thought why not as i have done the 6 shots min.

Here goes...

Hot Walls Portsmouth by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Hot Walls Portsmouth B&W by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Manchester In Motion by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Manchester Eye by Dacmirc, on Flickr

Red Man Says NO GO! by Dacmirc, on Flickr

I like the multi line effect, favourites of these are No 3 for its completeness and No 2 for the shape but that hard start/finish line stands out a bit

Cheers for the comment, Im not sure how i got that but i noticed that also!

Right well thats my images posted so far! Im going to try and get round everyones images and comment starting Monday as i have no Uni work next week to complete (y).

Good pictures, the first of the night lights with the multi coloured wall is my favourite I think. The Manchester eye is a close second.

For orbs, there are plenty of how to's on YouTube. The basics - get some fairy lights, tie them together at one end, set your camera up and then swing like mad :LOL: good luck!

Last edited:
Some nice shots here I prefer no2 of the physiograms.

The night lights are all good I like the coloured lights in the 1st one and the composition of the wheel with the Arndale sign is excellent.

Should this happen in low light or could my cameras auto focus be defective?

It is possible that it may struggle to find focus in low light. The way to avoid this is to auto focus on what you want to focus on when setting up for the shot then switch lens to manual focus which will fix the focus so it won't then try to refocus when you take your shot. Hope that makes sense and helps.

A great set for January (y)

I look forward to seeing your interpretations of Feb's themes.

I like all your shots Lee, but "Manchester in Motion" is the standout one for me. Great light trails, and I love the sharp focus and colour on the road.

The colour on the road is actually so vivid as it was raining heavily whilst out on the shoot so the road and marking looked much brighter. If you look on the left hand side of the image you may see a raindrop on the lens. Cheers for commenting.

Looks good Lee, but I think you need to post a slightly larger version here; 1024 wide ideally :)

I like the composition a lot, and the light falling on the turbine and the ground near it makes it fit the theme beautifully. I don't think just taking a shot in natural light is good enough for this theme; you have to really use the natural light, and you've done that.

I thought because it was a pano it would mess the page up being a large photo already, didn't realize it came out smaller. Ill edit now.

I thought at first the wind turbine was too far right but i really like it now. Thank you for the comment regarding the theme, the view to the eye was even better with the light to the right and the water glistening ever so slightly.

I really like that Lee and i'm not normally a fan of panoramas. It looks like the turbine is watching over the land, you've placed it perfectly.

Lovely shot this (I just want to know what the Blue stuff in the sky is :)) The composition is spot on I think alot of people would have set the turbine further in the picture but this is just right.

Hi ya

thought I'd pop in & show some support for you guy's n gals in this challenge..you're all far braver than me !

Love your B&W physiogram..very effective (y)

Manchester Eye shot caught my attention...beautifully sharp with great subtle colors & wonderful motion :clap:

Loving the natural light pano as well....didn't see the turbine at 1st but it works really well being at the edge (y)

Back