First time wool spinning

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a couple of photos from a first attempt at wool spinning. I cant claim 100% it was a team effort and it was a learning experience for all of us! Cant wait to get out there again and improve :)

I think we were more focused on getting the theory of wool spinning right and next time hopefully we'll work on composition

DSC_0183.jpg by BenCremin, on Flickr

First attempts at wool spinning by BenCremin, on Flickr

I'd say you've done really well on getting the theory correct (y) I like both of these I hope that long grass wasn't too dry ;) I'd love to see you take your new skills out to a more interesting location now (y)

Were you using a whisk, I'm guessing that you were as there looks to have been a few large lumps flying out on the second spin, that is a disadvantage of whisks in that you don't get as much control of the wool as you would with a bird feeder which is my primary spinning tool, often you only really need enough wool to complete about a 15 second burn

Hi matt,

Forgot to say thanks for the feedback. I'll be going out again in a couple of weeks and in the meantime I'll try to find a bird feeder!

A certain large DIY store with a orange and white logo do a decent range of all metal bird feeders :D

Good first attempts there :clap:.

#1, good circle and nice detail.

#2, I always like to see some sparks almost touching the photographer and 'splashing' in the FG.

Keep at it.

I'll be out soon when it gets darker earlier.

Cheers and as Matt says, look out for some interesting locations as they really add to the photographs.

Back