Snow on the Lancashire Cycleway

Name
Marc Jennings
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first post of an image on these forums. As I say on other forums, please feel free to wade in with criticisms as appropriate.

I took this shot on Saturday with a borrowed Nikon D1x, and it was only after shooting wth it for several hours I realised there was crud on the sensor. :(

Anyway, it didn't work out too badly because of the snow.

(Click for bigger)

Woah! Dirty sensor!

I feel like the sign is in the way of the shot :shrug:

I think the rolling landscape with its whites browns and greys would make for a cracking image, and I feel myself trying to look round the signpost.

Welcome to the forum!

I know what you mean, but I liked the sign - each to their own :).

Perhaps this would be more the kind of thing you'd have liked

Same day, same location, but 100 yards down the road.

Again, filthy sensor. I'm a bit u happy about that, but I can't do anything about it now. :)

I thought the dirt was falling snow :p

I quite like the shot :) I always take photos of signs for some reason, not sure what it is about them!

I would maybe have made sure the sign was taking up one third of the shot, either left or right, or put it dead center so the signs are pointing into space either side.

Hope you didnt get too cold :)

I thought the dirt was falling snow :p

So did I, until I checked some of the other shots from the day. That was when I noticed the exact same pattern on all the snowy shots, then on the non-snowy shots.

I'm glad I had my P&S with me, since it was my nephew's 1st birthday party.

That's what happens when you shoot Nikon :canon:

It's a nice shot though matey - that said, I can't help but wonder what it would look like with an added vignette by using something like Lightroom, maybe even grain it up a bit?

Cheers,
James

Back