Spyder 3 Pro vs EyeOne Display 2

Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
The time has come to invest in a device to calibrate my monitors, from reading reviews it seems that the EyeOne Display 2 is the one to go for, but is it really worth £50 more than the Spyder 3 Pro, which on the surface seems to do all the same things?

The only comparitive reviews I can find are between the same makes, going up and down the ranges. What is the experience of the TP community?

As no one has answered either way, I think I'm going to get the Spyder and spend the difference on some more RAM for my laptop...

Just got back from 2 weeks in France and saw your post. Can't help with the spider 3 but I have used the 2 and preferred the eye one which I now use..

I found the Eye i gave better monitor profiles even when used in easy mode, ( You sit back and it does all the work).

I would say that it is important to get the monitor brightness set right. I found that a setting of about 120-130 cd/m worked fine.

Thanks for that. It's sitting on my desk now, so will calibrate the monitors when I get home.

My Dad told me last night that one of the guys at his camera club had trouble getting 2 monitors on the same Mac calibrated the same with the Spyder 3, so not really filled with confidence now.

I find the eye one much easier to use than the spider. Not a lot of help, just my opinion.

I've got my laptop calibrated and it was fairly simple, not I've got to get my external monitor set up and calibrated and see how images look on that...

Back