Anybody know where I can get a...

H

Hoodi

Right. First proper day out with the D200 and I lose a bit of it! :bonk:

I've lost the cover for the remote release connector on the front of the camera. I knew what it was as soon as I did it - was shooting portrait at a screwy angle and must have slowly unscrewed it - I felt something give way under my hand and fall beneath me.
Wouldn't be a problem normally, but unfortunately I was shooting on a pebble beach. I was looking through the viewfinder so didn't see where it fell. Spent about 5 minutes rummaging in the pebbles before I accepted that my search was in vain.
So now I need a new one - which I'll be more careful with!

It wouldn't bother me so much, but I don't want grime getting into the connector (have every intention of getting an MC-20 or MC-36 when I can afford one) and don't want moisture getting in there, either (also have every intention of putting the weather sealing on the D200 to the test).

So... Any ideas where I can get one?

Same thing happened to me.... got mine from my older F100... ;)

My film body is an F80, which has a screw-into-shutter type release = no cap!
However it looks like a replacement might be on the cards from the fantastico Mr. P-E, so hopefully I'm sorted!
Big thumbs up for that man :D

Just out of curiosity, Chuckles, what release do you use? :)

Finger! :LOL:

Use the Infra-red release on D70, cable release on the D100 (now sold).

Need summink else soon.....

Pah!
I use the IR release on the D70, too. Got said manual pushy release thing for F80.
Now I need something for the D200! I really like the look of the MC-36, I'd find it muchos handy - but it's scary expensive! So I'm on the prowl for the older, discontinued MC-20 now...

You're doing well if you can pick up a second hand camera of any age with all those little covers and caps in place. Dunno why they just dont do a captive rubbery type thingy.

Aye, I've never even used it and I managed to lose it - I dread to think how careful I'll have to be when I get a remote release :/

You could try KPProf of Cambridge. They're pretty good at stuff like this. Even stock lens caps for said black lenses.

any one thought about ringing Nikon customer support ?

MyPix

Hmm, they usually put you in touch with a recommended dealer :( You can go to Kingston and sometimes they'll help out with a small item. Depends on the mood and whether there's a 'T' in the day!

Lost the same as Hoodi on the first day out with a D2H.

Called Nikon Customer Support who despatched half a dozen of each of the two types of caps on the front F.O.C.

I believe they are the same as whats on the D200 so I will be sending Hoodi a couple down after the Bank Holiday.

Hey, that's good!

[subtle hint]I need one for my F100. ;) [/subtle hint]

Cheers P-E... been off-line for a while!

Hoodi......sent you one this evening so should be with you on Thursday.

As soon as you confirm it is the correct one I can send one on to Baz and David.

Why can't you guys just by a proper camera where bits dont just fall off:LOL: :olympus:

Cheers P-E :)
I'm not at my home address at the mo', and am all over the place this week - so may not get to pick it up till Friday // Saturday.

I have to admit, it does seem rather silly that a relatively high end camera has bits just bursting to drop off :shrug:

Cheers P-E :)
I'm not at my home address at the mo', and am all over the place this week - so may not get to pick it up till Friday // Saturday.

I have to admit, it does seem rather silly that a relatively high end camera has bits just bursting to drop off :shrug:

OK mate......just let me know that it fits when you return from your travels(y)

I've had the one on my F100 for years and it's not come off (until I put it on the D200)..... poorly fitted at the factory if you ask me :shrug:

I had one come off a D2H on the first day out......I heard something drop, then watched it in slow motion as it bounced into a river:crying:

have popped home this evening - ta muchly P-E, the larger ones are bang on the money :)

Thanks for letting me know they fit Hoodi.

I will get Baz and David sorted out ASAP(y)

Gratefully received - many thanks. A complete star.... :ty:

Pleasantly packaged. Bet it alarmed the postie though. Envelope marked "RAGI" ... :LOL:

Even better, inside was a bubble-wrapped parcel labelled "LE" :clap:

R just looked back in here........glad the cap turned up OK Baz.

Make sure you got it screwed in tight and don't let Marianne lose it again :D

how very dare you...the D200 hadn't even got into me hands before he lost it! :LOL:

And if didn't have to concentrate so hard on stopping you getting your grubby mitts on it, then he would have been able to pay more attention and not lost the thing in the first place?

See? Always the wife's fault.

(Chuckles, you owe me a pint:p)

/runs...quickly...

No problem..... cheers. Boddies? ..... :beer:

Back