My 365 project.

Edit My Images
Yes
Yes heres yet another nutter starting a 365 project this year, so add me to the list mods! :LOL:
Got as far as May last year, I hope to complete it this year as I have a willing helper in the form of my girlfriend Jen helping me, she's even doing it too! :LOL: All pictures can be found on my Flickr account.

So heres my first one:
001/365: Ginger Bread House
All made buy me (with a little help from Jen... she stuck on the sweets! :LOL:) cant wait to tuck in! (y)

3155544555_21d653b326.jpg

Stats: 40D, 50mm, 1/20sec@ f2.8, iso100
PS'd: Boosted colour, added vignette, sharpened and touched up the contrast.

Here goes! :thinking:

Last edited:
Best of look clawz (y) great first shot, love the shallow depth of field :) really makes the house stand out, and what an impressive ginger bread house that is!

Speaking as a fellow '365 creator, I wish you all the best on your venture! :)

Good luck, got a feeling there will be a record number of these this year! ;)

Nice start, but you are misssing a few already:thinking:

I KNOW ,I KNOW! :p
Ok so a pic a day AND uploading in the same day might not work as im a very busy man, so as long as I take the photo a day it doesn't matter if it goes on tut interweb the same day! :LOL:

002/365: Star Trails
Got to Waterbeach barracks this evening to be greeted with a crystal clear sky. So out came my £100 remote release and I set about snapping. Well the camera did, I sat in my warm car while the remote did its magic!
This shot comprises of 5 separate images all of 300 seconds (5 minutes) As we all know the longer the exposure the more digital noise creeps in, so to avoid this you keep the exposure time limited. After all the shots have been processed then they are all combined in PS and had the layer opacity changed to lighten. This technique I learnt from one of my magazines! ;)
(only problem is when I adjusted the WB to play down the 'Soduim Glow' it made the stars blue.... Lesson learnt!, wont be making the same mistake again!)

3172326002_653a358345.jpg

Stats: 40D, 10mm, 5x 300second @f6.3, iso100
PS'd: Multiple layer merge, lightened, digital gradient added to reduce foreground colour.

003/365: Stopping at platform 2
03 Jan, 2009
Waterbeach station. GR TL 499 648. (thought I'd start to include these as its helping me understand where I've been and if you fancy visiting too then you can!)
Drove through here the night before and thought I'd come tonight while I wasn't busy. Glad I did! Not only did I nearly kill myself with a passing train I got some cracking shots!
This one was probably the last if the images of the night, the 22:02 train from London stopping off at Waterbeach, although with the streak of light it looks like its not going to stop!

3172338062_a6bf36d2a6.jpg

Stats: 40D, 10mm, 20sec @f16, iso100
PS'd: Merged two pictures to give me a point of light at the vanishing point on the railway, manually adjusted the WB to get rid of the unwanted soduim glow, sharpened.

004/365: Burnt out and Abandoned
04 Jan, 2009
GR TL 859 845. Saw this gem on the other side of the carridgeway while on the way home. I caught a quick look and thought.... 'Sod it!' so I got to the next roundabout and came back down this carridgeway to get some shots. And man I'm glad I did!
Not overly impressed the way the sky has come out as it has no features (overcast) so I tryed to burn the sky in as much as possible.

3172348488_78321568f0.jpg

Stats: 40D, 12mm, 1/30@f5.6, iso100
PS'd: Mono treatment, duplicated main layer then added on top and lightened to give washed out colour look, burned the sky while dodging the dark metal work on the car, sharpened and viola.

Last edited:
005/365: Red Pill or Blue Pill?
05 Jan, 2009
Found some Smarties all over the floor today at work, and while clearing them up it gave me a corker of an idea!
Now we could go into the meaning of this over and over but i think if you just follow this link (http://www.arrod.co.uk/essays/matrix.php) then you will find all you need to know!
The reason why theres more red pills than blue is to show the desparation to break out of this reality and into the other quicker! Theres so many explainations and theorys and ideas that there is far to many to list and go into....
....Make you own conclusions.... ;) (enjoy)

3172360322_168b486b54.jpg

Stats: 400D, 68mm, 1/40@f4.0, iso100
PS'd: Boosted the Red and Blue colour, added vignette to remove some nasty stuff in two of the corners, sharpened.

Cool pics. I would eat any of those pills if I were you! :LOL:

006/365: Twelfth Night
06 Jan, 2009
Didn't come out quite as I'd hoped as someone moved the tripod slightly, or the weight of the camera moved it (rubbish tripod!)
Wanted to show the transition between when the decs are up and when they come down on this traditional day of removing the decorations.

3176652494_ba19663418.jpg

Stats: 40D, 10mm, 1/4@f4, iso100
PS'd: Two images on top of one another then lightened to show transition of removal of decs... :(

Only just spotted thie, good luck with your 365, I'll keep an eye on this thread.(y)

007/365: Fast lane
07 Jan, 2009
'Life moves pretty fast....' (and so can I !!) A famous quote from Ferris Bueller In his film 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' An absolutly cracking 80's film I used to love watching while younger. Thought I'd have another pop at trying this, thing is my tripod doesn't like being squeezed into a recaro seat!
This is two pictures blended together as the shot with the trails has the dash all blured, yet a stationary shot of the interior of the car yielded a much sharper image. think I might try this again in the future on a less bumpy Norfolk road and with a ltlle more preparation in putting the tripod in the car!

3179753327_c0a80260e0.jpg

Stats: 40D, 11m, 8sec @f9.0, iso 100
PS'd: Merged two frames as mention above. Sharpened, boosted colour.

008/365: Four Candles?
08 Jan, 2009
Well no actually, theres only three, but any time I see more than 2 candles together I always think of the Two Ronnies sketch 'Four candles'
(basically two guys in a hardware shop, one asks for fork handles, the other hands him 'four candles', you see the joke here surely? It really is a iconic British comedy moment! -You simply must see it... Try youtube!)
Bokeh affect applied via a 50mm 1.8II lens, NICE!, I love this lens! :D
Took three times focusing on each of the three candles but prefered the focus attention on the closer one.

3180814052_92df9f30c5.jpg

Stats: 40D, 50mm, 1/10 @f1.8, iso100
PS'd: Hardly anything! just a contrast boost, and sharpened. :D

010/365: The eyes have it!
10 Jan, 2009
My beautiful GF Jenni!, man I love having a willing model! :D I asked her to pose for me in front of my new studio lights this evening and she obliged, with a twisted arm... :LOL: Wanted to go for a close up shot of her eyes, I had the shot in mind but couldn't quite make it happen, maybe had the wrong lens on... Well I'm sure there will be plenty of more chances soon! Not 100% sure on the DOF yet, think I may have got it wrong?

3188324445_a99192851c.jpg

Stats: 40D, 105mm, 1/30 @f4, iso 100
PS'd: Removed stray hairs, boosted contrast, increased saturation, sharpened.

010/365: Has BEEn??
10 Jan, 2009
This lil fella has been sat on my window sill now for over 3 months. I've been meening to get this macro shot of him since then. So I decided tonight was the night!
And here it is... High key, Sharp contrast, using my new studio lights. Look out for more insect shots later this year!

3189169672_90b30ed721.jpg

Stats: 40D, 300mm, 1/100 @f9, iso100
PS'd: Yellow stauration increased, and just sharpened.

011/365: House 1
11 Jan, 2009
Not a cop out shot by any means, but this is a pic of my soon to be new home! :D
At the moment this is all it is, dirt in the ground, but as the weeks and months go on then you shall see it grow along with me! These will eventually form a collage (of all the pics of it being built) and will be printed out and displayed in the hall! cool idea huh?!

3188333317_4b92680686.jpg

Stats: 40D, 10mm, 1/80 @f6.3, iso100
PS'd: Nothing!

PHEW... caught up now!! :naughty:(y)

Cool stuff, love the Day 7 shot. Well done for catching up.............now breathe! :D

I hope we're due another mass update, some really cool photos in here, I like your thinking :)

12 Jan, 2009
Seen this technique in my new magazine, didn't quite come out as i'd hoped. the idea is to have the model, my lovely jen, looking into a magic box. Next time i'm going to follow instructions in a mag, instead of making it up as i go along!

3210909404_3d05ef48aa.jpg

No stats as i forget them for now... lol

13 Jan, 2009
Curiosity killed the cat as the phrase goes... well not in this case! Its a stuffed toy, and I think the only reason why she's sniffing it is because it has a lavender and camomile heat bean bag in the middle of it, so she's picking up on the scent of that! lol. Still its a great snap shot, as she wouldn't sniff it again, so it makes this one unique!

3210919480_95f3ffd585.jpg

Stats: 40D, 200mm (ish)... the rest is a blur! lol

14 Jan, 2009
Just how many more have to close before we're out of this recession and greedy banks pass on the cuts to us, the little people! This is the Woolworths (formally a Big W, as it was one of wollies 'super stores') on Riverside in Norwich, Norfolk. I must admit I was one of the vultures snapping up some of the cleared stock when it was announced it was closing. Its just such a shame that its now gone, I remember when I was little pestering the folks for a QTR (NOT a bloody 115 grams!) of pick and mix... lol! Those where the days.... Goodbye Woolies! :_(

3210926228_c82c821169.jpg

Stats: 400D (the GF's... (y))
PS'd: Orton effect applied, grad in sky to darken it and slight boost in contrast.

15 Jan, 2009
This happens to be a model for my DITs (Defense Instructional Techniques) course I went on with the army. a very long boring course, lets hope I pass it!!

3210088655_de5c255839.jpg

Stats: 40D, 50mm, f1.8 i think...
PS'd: nothing.

17 Jan, 2009
OS maps... thats all I've been looking at since friday! Its for this training weekend I've been doing with the army. So I thought I'd share my fun filled day!!!

3210103693_6548cea0db.jpg

Stats: 40D, 50mm, f3.2 (1.8 was too bad)
PS'd: Contrast boost, thats about it!

16 Jan, 2009
A14 heading north past Cambridge. The bridge I'm standing on is a cycle bridge crossing the road linking what looked like an retail type estate with the town on the right. Chose the middle here as the arrows give a good central point to look into the frame, shame theres nothing there! lol MAN I love light trails!! :naughty:

3210942312_89416824a4.jpg

Stats: 40D, 10mm, about 25".
PS'd: Changed WB, Lightened the whites, made reds more punchy.

18 Jan, 2009
Drops on a CD... yes every one has seen them before, but this was a total fluke! The camera was on 'P' so exposed for the bright reflection and used a shutter speed in excess of 200/1. It gave this very dark image which I thought was no good so I slowed the shutter down, but nothing I did gave me this result!!! So I used this instead!, just goes to show that mistakes are sometimes the best!

3210105013_80dca1022d.jpg

Stats: 40D..... rest is a blur..! :thinking:
Ps'd: HEAVLY cropped, looks very pixelated so Orton effect was applied to soften.

Dear g0d that was hard!, i'm never leaving it that long again to upload pics!! :(
I must try better at downloading and getting them online quicker. :thinking: and tahnks for all your kind comments guys! :D

Last edited:
Some lovely pics there Clawz, glad to see you're catching up. (y)

Back