Iona, In studio (More images added down page)

Name
John Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots of my girlfriend, who i dragged in to model for me for a fashion shoot at college.

3215605077_5c388af3b2.jpg

Larger

3216456662_9c0c1b1b70.jpg

Larger

3215603937_83bfe4c72a.jpg

Larger

3215603511_d51503b130.jpg

Larger

3216455328_6e8fb84364.jpg

Larger

3215602409_1e8e89e868.jpg

Larger

As always C&C Greatly appreciated.

John

Last edited:
I think number 4 for me :) Look at the lovely ringflash :D

I'm not sure about the first two, might just be my taste... Great shots though!

5 for me. think the expression is fantastic

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

It's a college project for a magazine cover for the "Dazed & Confused" magazine, the cover image is usually a bit out there in terms of style.

Just realised I haven't added my personal favourite to this thread, it's on my 52 but not here.

Here it is:
7. (For reference)
3234755016_0b2f4b9fc3.jpg

Larger

This is the one which I think best fits the brief, but I think some of the more natural ones are gorgeous too, and thought it was too good an opportunity to get some pictures she would like too.

John

Last edited:
The beauty dish gives lovely light. This was done without the diffuser panel on the front aswell.

However, I think you're talking about the ringflash? The beauty dish was used in the ones with the funky makeup. Ringflash in the more natural ones. Giving the nice catchlight in the eyes.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

John

Last edited:
The first two aren't as strong as the last 4. The ringflash catchlight in her eyes really makes the image for me :) nice!

I also really like the ringflash catchlight. I wanted to get in much closer to shoot. Making the ringflash bigger in the eyes, but the ringflash is so powerful I needed a smaller aperture than f22 which I couldn't get :(

Cheers for the comments so far folks.

I personally like the natural ones, as well as the more funky ones. I have just sent them to print.

If anyone's interested here are my 2 favourites on the magazine layout.

3966318227a9928554621l.jpg
3966318227a9928554648l.jpg

John

Last edited:
the BW one is far better over the colour for me - her look in the colour version is off putting

Just followed the link from your 52, I love number 2 and personally prefer that to the one in your 52 (I think the lack of the backlight helps hide the hairs I find distracting). I also love image 5&6 and I think the colour one has the slight edge as I like the contrast between the monochrome coat and the face.

Out of the covers I personally prefer the B&W cover but I think that's because I expect the masthead to be visible rather than it actually being better. Perhaps that's because I'm not quite with the time with regards to "high fashion" :LOL:

I actually found number 1 the most interesting to look at, not technically perfect, but kind of has the sort Dance cd cover look, that seems to be going around at the moment. Maybe use of a coloured gel may have made it less harsh, and add some atmosphere.

The others are very good and love the magazine covers.

Back