[POTY] Round 3 - October - "Movement" - Round Closed

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome to Round 3 of the TP : Photographer of the Year 2006.

As usual, the competition rules are here.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please use this thread to discuss the competition, and specifically the current round, and your interpretation of it. Also feel free to discuss ideas and thoughts etc. :) While there is an anonymous nature to the submissions and voting, there's no need to be secretive about ideas and the like. While we'd all like to win :D...the competition is for all of us to help improve our photography :)

So, on with this months theme, which is Movement.
The cut off for submissions to be received is 23:59 on the 31st October 2006.

Good luck to all who enter, and Happy Snapping! :)

* Yes this is a sneaky copy and past from last months thread.....and the month before...lol

Is anyone else having a really hard time coming up with anything? I seem to have hit a wall on this one...

I'm having a hard time thinking of something that others wouldn't think of, I think. ie being original!!

I have a possible, that I took the other day, but still looking for other ideas as I might come up with something better/different.

Im having a hard time thinking of an entry this time....My old grey matter is ticking over. I do have a few ideas though.

i have lots of ideas that sound good but when i try to shoot them they never look like what im thinking of:thinking: :thinking:

Don't forget you don't *have* to specifically shoot for the competition ;)

who thought of this one Marcel, was it DF's fault?

Quite possibly. Depends on how successful it is. If so, then probably not.
Traditionally ALOT of entries are received just before the deadline. :)

Just entered - thought I might aswell jump in at the deep end on these forums and enter this comp :D - Don't think I will get too far though :(

Many people got there entries for this month sorted?? I arent sure about mine now, also lacking inspiration for anything thing else though as well.

Many people got there entries for this month sorted?? I arent sure about mine now, also lacking inspiration for anything thing else though as well.

I agree I'm just not handy at moving targets unless they have 4 legs and hooves. I've tried to think artsie but nothing is coming to me in the least... I guess I know what I ahve to do this weekend

Ahh but then when the entries are posted 'anonymously' for voting, yours wont be quite so, will it :thinking: ;)

Ahh but then when the entries are posted 'anonymously' for voting, yours wont be quite so, will it :thinking: ;)

Damn didnt know it was anonymous!

P.S Sorted now :D thanks for the heads-up (hope not too many people saw that ;) )

Didn't see a thing Jimmy :)

But don't worry if someone did, we're not super strict :) We won't disqualify anyone if their shot has been seen elsewhere. We don't force you to vote if you're entering, nor do we force you to enter to vote (y)

We're cool and laid back here :D

PS. Just a little reminder for everyone, just under 5 days to go for submissions :)

Loooads of time chewy, loads of time :)

I woke up this mornign thinking it was Wednesday the first and wondering why the voting thread wasn't up. OH well 3 more days at work instead of 2...

Two hours to go and no ideas, where the hell is baldrick with a cunning plan!

baldrick3.jpg

:D

Let me guess, KIM, you've taken a shot of a turnip? Bouncing off Baldrick's head? Hope you used rear curtain flash ;)

The entries have now been uploaded to the gallery for viewing here.

Have a browse through and choose your three favourite photos, and send the numbers to me via PM here, before midnight on the 7th November :) After which I will count the votes and announce the winner.

Once again, thankyou very much for every single one of you who entered (y) and good luck to you all! (y)

The thread for round 4 will be posted up in a moment :).

How the hell we're expected to vote for just 3 entries out of this lot is beyond me! :bang:

you can but it isn't encouraged as you reallyshould pick the best 3 if yours is one of the best 3 then go for it!

I was stumped for entries and I didn't end up putting anything forward, I tried night time traffic thingies and they didn't quite work well enough, I tried playing around with a ForceFX lightsaber on bulb mode and that didn't work out either.

I was stumped for entries and I didn't end up putting anything forward, I tried night time traffic thingies and they didn't quite work well enough, I tried playing around with a ForceFX lightsaber on bulb mode and that didn't work out either.

I had to dig deep into the bottom of the barrel on this one. Ended up going out and just trying about 10 different things before deciding on one that wouldn't embaress me. It did make me move outside my comfort zone as I like things to be nice and still! I think that is what the competition for me is about. Forcing me to look at photography in a different way. Even when our pictures turn out crap we still learn something for next time.

Argh balls. I had some shots I wanted to enter and completely forgot and missed the deadline.

It's alright Kev, I don't think a picture of some bouncing balls would have got far anyhow :nuts: :D

Back