4pk 2700mAh AA batteries & charger: £7.99

Thanks, does every charge take 27hours? Can you charge all 4 batteries at once? Its nice and small.

It will take 4 AA's but not sure if 27hr is a primary charge or not. At that price it's worth keeping the batteries (+£4.99 for another set), ditching the charger and buying a fast charger.

I know my 2700 mAh batteries take that sort of time to charge in my similar Uniross charger or 20 minutes in the Uniross fast charge one

Would be handy to see if anyone has used them in a flash.

One review on site complains of a set taking 27hours to charge and it not having overcharge protection so you need to be careful to unplug it in time.

Not to undermine the OP but I recently bought 2 sets of these batteries and found they worked well. Cheaper too, £6.35 with free P&P.

Not to undermine the OP but I recently bought 2 sets of these batteries and found they worked well. Cheaper too, £6.35 with free P&P.

Not really the same though - the OP's link is 4 batteries with a charger, your link is just batteries... (y)

Personally I always use Vapex, but charging them can be a bit of a lengthy process depending on the charger used as they are 2900Mah..

I use the charger I have for my R/C stuff - I whack 8 Vapex's into a holder and charge them like that. It has a variable output, so I can fast charge (in about 20mins if necessary) or trickle. I don't normally fast charge them that quickly though, 3-4 hours is good, they don't get too hot in that time.

Sounds ideal, what charger is that?

Yup - MegaPeak 4500 HERE
please note, this is not the store I got mine from, so cannot vouch for their service level.

EDIT: You'll need to make/rewire the holder(s) - I have some that hold 4 and 8 AA batteries (4.8v/9.6v) I think I got them from Ebay, but not sure now.

Last edited:
Back