spec me a Landscape lens

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
to hire and hopefully then purchase for my 40D.

It's for my hols in Mallorca. Should I be looking any further than the EF-S 10-22?

Thanks for your help.

Personally I think the 10-22 is too wide for landscapes, most of the time. Don't get me wrong - I love the lens, and it certainly has a role in travel photography - most notably indoors and in confined spaces such as narrow village streets. But with landscapes, it's all to easy to find yourself adopting a cliched composition just to fill all that foreground space.

So what would you suggest?

I was thinking of taking the EF 24-105 and your ;) 10-22

Personally I think the 10-22 is too wide for landscapes, most of the time. Don't get me wrong - I love the lens, and it certainly has a role in travel photography - most notably indoors and in confined spaces such as narrow village streets. But with landscapes, it's all to easy to find yourself adopting a cliched composition just to fill all that foreground space.

I could not agree more (y)

70-200 would be a good one.

if you have the 24-105 and hire the 10-22 you're pretty much covered for landscapes, don't rule out a longer lens for picking out detail though

I was thinking along those lines.

But I've now spotted the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM on Stewart's site. A good walkabout lens as well?

Selecting lenses didn't used to be this difficult :thinking:

i agree i would say the 24-70mm for me with the 300mm for picking things out, i tend to use my 14-24mm for close up work more than anything like this picture

Back