Digiclear Lenspen

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
After deliberating a while, Deciding whats the best method when it comes to cleaning the elements on my lenses I decided to give the lenspen a try so when 7DAYSHOP had them on special offer I ordered 2 and now I have used one on my lenses the difference is amazing.
I was used to just using a blower and a lint free dry lens cloth which made them look clean but now they have been cleaned with the lenspen they simply sparkle but just how do they work as there is no visible resovouir with liquid the only thing I can see is some black sponge at the top of the cap????(y)

I think they are magic - no idea how they work, but they just get everything sparkling.

They a good bit of kit as are the SensorKlean pens

So, how do these pens work?

I don't mean how do the pens get the job done, but how would I use the pen on the lens?

So, how do these pens work?

I don't mean how do the pens get the job done, but how would I use the pen on the lens?

The pad part removes rain marks,for example,the brush bit removes dust and crap.

They do work very well,are very cheap and I always have one with me if out with the camera.

:)

Thanks, but how I do apply the pad on the lens?

Do I just run it along the whole lens; or do I apply it to a specific area, remove it and then apply to the next area, remove ... keep doing this until I cover the whole lens surface?

:)

Thanks, but how I do apply the pad on the lens?

Do I just run it along the whole lens; or do I apply it to a specific area, remove it and then apply to the next area, remove ... keep doing this until I cover the whole lens surface?

I think the link above shows you how they work - I run mine round in ever increasing circles from the centre outward. Sometimes, on larger elements the pad needs refreshing (or if the element is particularly dirty) by putting the cap back on and rotating it 180 degrees - this puts a new carbon layer on the pad.

Thanks (y), somehow I missed that!

One other question ... has anyone tried this on their dSLR's sensor? Or is that a :nono:

One other question ... has anyone tried this on their dSLR's sensor? Or is that a :nono:

NO NO NO.... if you want to clean your sensor yourself, you must use the correct stuff - you'll wreck a sensor in a heartbeat if you dont use the right kit in the right way!!!

They make a specific one for sensors and i have used it with good effect but after approx 13 months of an artic butterfly and a Sensorklear (spel ?) i have had to resort to a wet clean - which also worked a treat after 4 pads.

NO NO NO.... if you want to clean your sensor yourself, you must use the correct stuff - you'll wreck a sensor in a heartbeat if you dont use the right kit in the right way!!!

:LOL:, I can almost hear your tone there, thinking what a wierdo :p ... I wouldn't do it, unless it's been tried and tested by someone whom I'd trust here!

Also, I would have thought a sensor version is available since it seems to work like magic!

They make a specific one for sensors and i have used it with good effect but after approx 13 months of an artic butterfly and a Sensorklear (spel ?) i have had to resort to a wet clean - which also worked a treat after 4 pads.

... and (y) .. now that's good to know. Thank you very much.

nooooooooo its a lenspen for gods sake......use a blower for your sensor

Honest, I get it ... I guess I come off that daft having asked such a question :)

I use both - a LensPen on lenses and filters and a SensorKlear on the sensor. As I've said before, the sensor one gets one use on a sensor (and does a great job of it IMO) then gets relegated to screens and compact lenses.

Back