comfy chairs? Maybe not! (56k)

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Some shots from the !"Bonfire Burnup" Grasstrack meeting at collier Street in Kent yesterday. Cracking weather for it - from the perspective of both riders AND photographers!

9600.jpg

95731000cc.jpg

9635.jpg

9680.jpg

9685.jpg

9715.jpg

9601.jpg

9728.jpg

9729.jpg

9737Winners.jpg

Thanks for looking - as ever, comments welcomed!

Ha ! ... Stabilisers ... they just learners or summat Witch ...:LOL:

Seriously though ... a great set of action shots ... even the last when its all over bar the handshakes ...:D

:p

Great shots Witch, you've really caught the action.

LOL - my 'speedway photography mentor' has it drilled into me - "Always use a filter!". We did get hit by a couple of HUGE bits of earth - I had a sore cheek for a few hours and the flash housing on the top of the 30D has a small dig in it now where it got a direct hit! You kind of get used to it though - it was only when they were going very wide we were getting hit - you learn pretty fast to choose your spot carefully! Best speedway track for action shots is peterborough as you can get almost right up to the fence, but my god you go home with bruises! :LOL:

cheers for the comments!

excellent stuff, love the second last one with the guy looking at you :)

Great stuff. Certainly captured the action. The flying mud is great!

Do you ever try panning these guys?

not really no - although with speedway from the centre you do to an extent. Generally from the outside though my setup is AI Servo, high speed burst, ISO as low as I can get away with, and usually shoot in AV wide open to keep the shutter speed up. A bit different on SUnday though as it was SO bright so I set the shutter speed at around 1/500th (much slower than that with the bright sunlight and there was simply too much interference from the grass and mud flying) dropping down a bit later on as the light went down. The ISO was at 100 for some of the early shots I took!

The ones heading towards me are "standard" 500cc "left handers" - those heading away are 1000cc "right handers".

talking of flying mud......

9700.jpg

:LOL:

Back