Windows 7 and Spyder 2 - will it work?

dlh

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I was considering grabbing myself a Spyder 2 from Kerso, but having just installed Windows 7 x64 thought I'd better check to see if anyone has tried using it on the new OS?

TIA.

Will tell you later today, I've just installed 7rc and am feeding everything back into it.

Thanks. Good luck :)

Sorry it took so long, yes it works just fine :)

Great news, thanks for being the guinea pig :)

how different is the Windows 7rc compared to the Beta version that was tested a few months ago .. anyone know ?

dlh download Spyder2Pro_2.3.5 from the colorvision website, the serial on the disc will work with it.

Volusian not a great difference, for me the main thing is I went from 32bit to 64bit for the first time so I've spent a while updating drivers for my hardware. 7rc is just as easy to install and set up as the earlier beta was and it will last longer.

Indeed I went for 64-bit for the first time too. Only problem I've found so far is with a Belkin USB wireless adapter which Belkin don't support in Vista 64 let alone Windows 7. Found a workaround for now though.

All other hardware and software has loaded fine though so far, even CS2 was easier to setup in W7 than it was in Vista.

Steep - thanks for the download tip. I'll grab it now before I forget.

Oooops.

Just installed Windows 7, installed Spyder 3 Pro. Definately not working correctly :-( Worked fine when machine was running Vista!!!!

Experimenting.............

It's a long time since I've used my spyder, I got fed up with it being a nazi about me not recalibrating every few days and uninstalled it.

Yes, works fine - you need the updated software form the spyder website

It's a long time since I've used my spyder, I got fed up with it being a nazi about me not recalibrating every few days and uninstalled it.

You can configure the software so It doesn't bother you with that question.
But you don't really need to keep the software or driver or profile loader installed as long as you have already generated your profile and Windows loads it on startup.

The people at Colorvision.com confirmed me just a few minutes ago the latest drivers for the Spyder2 series works fine in all versions of Windows 7, 32 bit and 64 bit. The driver download page says "Operating System Support: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of: XP and Vista" but they say it also works in Windows 7 but they still don't have the certification.

The link:
http://support.datacolor.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=41&nav=0

WARNING: I already had version 2.3.5 running in my Windows XP, but this is a minor revision to make it compatible with x64 so it is not the same driver released in 2007. They should have renamed it 2.3.6 as they effectively did with spyder2express but I don't know why they didn't.

Did you know...?
The Spyder2, Spyder2express and Spyder2Pro devices are all the same hardware? the only difference is the bundled software and the price. ;)

there is an option in W7 colour management that unless checked will override colour management profiles. I had problems when I switched from Vista with it losing my custom profile every time I rebooted. I followed these instructions HERE and it sorted the problem.

Did you know...?
The Spyder2, Spyder2express and Spyder2Pro devices are all the same hardware? the only difference is the bundled software and the price. ;)

You can download and install the pro software from the colorvision site.

there is an option in W7 colour management that unless checked will override colour management profiles. I had problems when I switched from Vista with it losing my custom profile every time I rebooted. I followed these instructions HERE and it sorted the problem.

This may also be why I have not been able to get my Huey pro to work on win 7 64bit, will check later
thanks

Works fine with me - W7 64 and Spyder2 Pro but I'm thinking of getting the 3 just for the increased speed in calibrating!

Hi
Have just joined this forum as this interesting thread (debate) is affecting my setup also.

I have received "help" from Datacolor but they did not resolve the issue.
They too have stated that Spyder2Pro software will not run on W7 and tried to persuade me to buy the Spyder3Pro.

However after following the advice on this forum I still cannot get the software to run.

The issue seems to be the fact that the software cannot load the monitor profile into the graphic card.

I have tried all manner of configuration and have tried both Spyder2Pro & Spyder2Express software but still to no avail.

Currently running

W7 Ultimate N x64 bit
Nvidia EN 9600GT graphics card.

All with the latest drivers

So before I go and buy an Xrite LT persuade me that I am not as clever as I think I am and help get this thing running

TIA

i am running W7 64bit with the SpyderPro software - Seems to be fine and I have a 2 monitor set up? I didn't know there was an issue until I read this. Only recalibrated again last week.

i am running W7 64bit with the SpyderPro software - Seems to be fine and I have a 2 monitor set up? I didn't know there was an issue until I read this. Only recalibrated again last week.

So you're feeling pretty smug then ;)

:) just happy I don't have the problem - although was thinking of upgrading to the Spyder3

Hi
Have just joined this forum as this interesting thread (debate) is affecting my setup also.

I have received "help" from Datacolor but they did not resolve the issue.
They too have stated that Spyder2Pro software will not run on W7 and tried to persuade me to buy the Spyder3Pro.

However after following the advice on this forum I still cannot get the software to run.

The issue seems to be the fact that the software cannot load the monitor profile into the graphic card.

I have tried all manner of configuration and have tried both Spyder2Pro & Spyder2Express software but still to no avail.

Currently running

W7 Ultimate N x64 bit
Nvidia EN 9600GT graphics card.

All with the latest drivers

So before I go and buy an Xrite LT persuade me that I am not as clever as I think I am and help get this thing running

TIA

what is the exact error or symptoms that you are getting?

I believe that Spyder2 is compatible with W7, but cannot tolerate wide gamut displays, which was the problem for me, as my dell studio threw out funny colours on the Spyder2.

what is the exact error or symptoms that you are getting?

I believe that Spyder2 is compatible with W7, but cannot tolerate wide gamut displays, which was the problem for me, as my dell studio threw out funny colours on the Spyder2.

There are a number of error message that appear.

Will need to record what they are when I get home.

At the moment I cannot run the software. If I doubleclick it, it brings the circle up and then goes away wthou anything actually loading

you have loaded the latest software version as per post 18?

Yep. i have tried both 2.3.5 and Express 2.3.6

No go with either

I am using 2.3.5 - w7 home premium 64
Have you tried running as an adminstrator?

An old 6600GT - was thinking of upgrading. I have 2 monitors. One connected by the DVI and one by the D-Sub

I am using 2.3.5 - w7 home premium 64
Have you tried running as an adminstrator?

yep. I seem to have tried just about everything.

Perhaps i will delete my monitor thru device manager and then reboot and see if it picks it up correctly.

What's the error you get?

What's the error you get?

They are various, but mainly centred around the fact that it cannot load the monitor profile into the card.

The Spyder2Pro software will not load at all at he mo.

will take another closer look tonight.

Taking this is another slightly different track, has anyone used the coloreyes software.

Apparently this is W7 compliant and can be used with the Spyder2Pro hardware.

There is a downloadable demo at

http://www.integrated-color.com/productdemo/demo.html

Could it be a graphics driver conflict? Is the GC driver running at the start up and trying to load the standard one?

Sounds an odd one though?

I would like to refer everyone back to original post #24.

Everyone can join in and repeat together....

you are not as clever as you think you are.... you are a numpty...

I can now joing the clever clogs mob and confidently say I am now fully working with Spyer2Pro software.

I may reveal the erro of my ways tomorrow

I now await the arrival of my Epson r2400 printer with anticipation...

thanks all for the conversation

THe Epson R2400 is a superb printer - I use it too :)

Get some nice papers with custom profiles (fotospeed or permajet) do great ones.

You may get fed up with the cost of ink too!! I bought a fotospeed CIS system and so far very happy with the quality and ink savings.

PS So go on tell us? You did have it plugged in right didn't you? :)

Back