Chamonix

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
We had a short break in Chamonix over the May bank holiday weekend and I actually got to take some pictures. I have more to post from our sight seeing travels but the area around the accommodation was so nice it seems like a good place to start :)

This is the back of the chalet apartment block

cham01.jpg

And this was the view from the back door
cham02.jpg

Took a walk round the large pond/small lake and had to take the obligatory reflection in the water shot
cham03.jpg

Once at the other end this was the view looking back. (the chalet blocks are hidden by the trees on the extreme right)
cham04.jpg

Whilst sitting admiring the view you could look up to the mountain tops and spot the paragliders on their way down
cham05.jpg

No filters used. I did have a polariser with me but always seemed to be shooting at the wrong time of day or wrong direction to see much benefit. Also took grads but prefer not to use them unless essential.

Snow and shadows meant having to guess how much to overexpose the bright areas to keep as much detail in lights and darks as possible. I did this mainly by checking the histogram and seeing how bad the 'blinkies' were :)

Not 100% happy with the processing on these. Lightroom 2 seems to make some big changes to the look of a landscape just by changing the sharpening settings a bit. Think I need to spend more time playing. Jill wanted the pictures done so I had to get on with the processing and save the tweaking to another time.

As these were near the accommodation I forgot about turning on my GPS recorder. I do have others from the area when it was on which locates it here

Lovely shots. It's amazing how ski resorts (well normal towns in this case) change in the summer.

PP wise most look pretty good, although maybe no.1 could do with a contrast boost?

I've never been to a ski resort in the winter or been skiing. The snow adds to the beautiful scenery but having clear roads to get to places easy is nice too.

Found one of the same scene at night -

cham06.jpg

Camera rested on a bench or rock as I had no tripod with me.

Stunning scenery... I have spent several summers out there.. but never seen it with snow like that.... nice!:)

Back