Attempt at studio again

There's some sharp shadows on the first which you could avoid by moving the sitter away from the backdrop, or reduce by using a light source on the rhs.

I like #4 shame the eyes aren't in focus. A greater depth of field maybe?

Thank you, the last one my lens was on full zoom and he was about 4 inches away, it was a complete accident but i liked it and would agree the eyes could do with being a sharper but am yet to master the camera lens and settings :LOL: Only got my first DSLR yesterday :)

And thanks for the tip on the first one, I did wonder why it was like that when the others aren't (y)

As rich said, for the first one move him away from the background. i like you like the fourth one, and as said shame his eyes are not sharper. Great attempt. What lighting were you using for these?

As rich said, for the first one move him away from the background. i like you like the fourth one, and as said shame his eyes are not sharper. Great attempt. What lighting were you using for these?

Dont laugh ;) A bedside lamp :D

A bedside lamp

Nothing a matter with that, just use one on either side.

Make sure you've got no natural light though, as you'll struggle to get the colour balance right otherwise.

Welcome to tp :wave:

Well done on these shots for being new to photography.(y) And for what you have used.

Hope you dont mind but I had a very quick play with one just to show that there is good potenial there.

ideally you need more light on the b/g and get your subjects away from the b/g to lose the shadows

hope you dont mind I will delete straight away if you do.;)

md(y)

Last edited:
No that's really good, I'll send them all to you to fix ;):LOL:

I haven't quite learnt how to change anything I only have microsoft picture viewer and it only lets me edit a few things (y)

Got it need two lamps well just need a bulb for the second lamp, thank you (y)

Dont laugh ;) A bedside lamp :D

Just goes to show you do not need loads of expensive equipment to get good shots, a bit more practice and I can not wait to see what you produce.(y)

I think they're a great start - good your model didn't crawl away today :D

and I'll remember to use two bedside lamps when I can find myself some studio space (very small house :LOL:)

Back