Dik Dik West Tsavo National Park Kenya

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

A Dik Dik West Tsavo National Park Kenya its the smallest species of antelope standing just 15" high full grown, absolutely lovely and very cute, C+C Welcome

3533505269_8e1884f239_o.jpg

Dave

Thats a cracker!! They are funny little things arent they.

Nice shot Dave, I never realised they had the patterns on the inside of the ear !! When we stayed out on safari for an all day drive the kids neeeded a water stop so to speak and it was funny that our driver only stopped when he saw a Dik Dik, no Lions about when you see them Lol !! :D

Dean

What a cutie - despite being in the shade you've caught bags of detail!

It looks hot out there! :)

By the look of it it will rely on hearing & sight to keep out of trouble. Nice looking wee thing it is too.

Thanks everyone for your much appreciated comments

Charlie, I think he/she does rely on hearing and sight, especially with those gorgeous big hazel eyes, (y) so cute we wanted to bring one home

Thanks John, I was pleased it came out so well :)

Thanks Sue, it was probable 8ft away from us, (y)

Cheers Mark, dont say that to its mum :D, hope you had a good a day out yesterday with Russell and myself, as I did despite the rain in the morning it turned out good by the afternoon, Im still knackard after all that walking we did, are you, hope you managed a shot for the challenge, and I hope dont find my self on the spotted a tog thread, like you have :LOL: that pic of the lady and husband turned out great Im sending it to them later today its their 34th wedding anniversary today,

Thanks Dawn yep the real little cuties :love:

Probably the weakest of the 4 links dave, due to the colour of the beast, I feel it is lost in the background almost. Still, very interesting subject.

Nice Dik Dik, never seen one of these before, only read about it
Nice sharp image and you did well considering the shade etc, very nice indeed(y)
It does indeed have lovely eyes :love:

Probably the weakest of the 4 links dave, due to the colour of the beast, I feel it is lost in the background almost. Still, very interesting subject.

Usually I seem to think what you have already said but in this case i find that it really stands out from the background :LOL:

Composition works really well. Although it's not FHM you didn't have to retouch that amount of fat from the legs :naughty:

The unwanted love child of ET and Bambi? :D

I think this is a pretty good shot, but I'm not sure about the surroundings. Obviously the Dik Dik (that makes me laugh and I don't know why :LOL:) is in shadow which leads to it being merged with the background. However, I think this is my favourite of the 4 you posted for help with.

What a cutie! :love: Looks like he's smiling for the camera :LOL:

Nice shot, just need to lift the shadows and give it a touch more contrast to boost the colours a bit more.

What a tiny little thing, its legs look like matchsticks :LOL:

Mike

Back