Baby Jack - The Gritty Black & White Shots

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Okie doke... Jack's first picturestory.

As with all my pics, I'd really love your thoughts. Positive or negative, just tell me how it is.

1. In we go...

2. All wired up and ready to go

3. Boom titty boom

4. Did I tell you the one about the women with quintuplets?

5. Drop drop

6. Drip

7. I was comfy in there

8. Woah, I've not seen this before

9. I am happy, honest

10. Breakfast

I think a few of these on their own would have been a little dull (as in subject, not technical ability)but that fact they show a sequence of events is a fantastic idea. love the comedy of shot 8.

I love the whole set, as a set

Last edited:
love them all.

they are great, should get them into a photo book to show the story as the first chapter of the long parenting journey

I cant believe you remained calm enough to do this, but theyre a great set and I love the one of him looking at his hand. Black and white works well too! Well Done.

I think a few of these on their own would have been a little dull (as in subject, not technical ability)but that fact they show a sequence of events is a fantastic idea.

I completely agree. They weren't actually shot in the order shown either... just whenever things were quiet or I had a moment I tried to take a couple of shots, with a view to being able to do this afterwards. :)

Great images, great processing.

Thanks. To be honest, was all done in quite quickly in bulk just using ACR and the 'synchronise' feature to batch process.

It'll be fantastic for you to be able to look back on these in a few years time

Knowing me, I'll have gone off the shots in a few days time. :D

is it your Baby?

No, I was bored so decided to hang around the maternity wing of the local hospital, see if I could sneak in and get some shots. :p

should get them into a photo book

Excellent! I was hoping to do one this year, and you've not only reminded me, but given me the perfect excuse. Pressie for the grandparents too! :)

I cant believe you remained calm enough to do this

That's why they are all ISO 1600 f/2.8

I didn't dare adjust the settings in case I forgot. :LOL:

Well, mum is now in bed and I am downstairs babysitting. All quiet on the western front so far. The quiet before the storm? :cautious:

Brilliant-some 'snaps' that will last forever

What a fantastic set ... really, really happy to have seen these. I'm going to bookmark this thread.

To take something which has been done many times before - hospital, baby etc etc - and really bring it alive takes real talent.

Did I mention I like them?

I wondered where these shots were going at one stage but, you got to the end result on time.:LOL: Great set. Quite envious of you as I wish I had had the photography bug when my kids were born. Now you will have to find all the data storage you'll need as he grows rather than the shoe boxes full of prints that I have.:)

Great idea and great shots! No. 8 is outstanding. I like 'Heartbeat' as well.

Congratulations to the whole family. I hope things continue as smoothly as they seem to have on the day.

Excellent sequence but I really like 8 & 9 - picture book is a great idea, and an awesome prezzie for the grandparents (y)

Reminds me, I must charge my batteries!

Good luck mate :)

some 'snaps' that will last forever

I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative. I was aiming for more than 'sanps'. :shrug:

I love the baby shots

Love the one of baby examining fingers

I like very much

Many thanks for taking time to comment :)

I'm going to bookmark this thread. To take something which has been done many times before - hospital, baby etc etc - and really bring it alive takes real talent.

Wow, what praise. Thanks. I'm not too sure what to say... that comment gives me a lot of confidence.

Quite envious of you as I wish I had had the photography bug when my kids were born

Yeah, I wish I'd done this 6 years ago with Holly too. Now she won't even let me take a pic without pulling some face.

No. 8 is outstanding

incredible shots, love them all

8 is amazing

Thanks... I think number #8 was my fave too. :)

picture book is a great idea, and an awesome prezzie for the grandparents

Yep, I've been looking into that one and think I'll give the Blurb people a go. I'm not sure how big I can push these at iso 1600, but I am thinking about their 10" x 8" book with premium paper.

Lee - a cracking set...nicely pieced together and presented

Great, almost documentary feel about these, and those last 3 are just fantastic!

Congrats on the new arrival and thanks for having the presence of mind to document such a great occasion and post these! :clap:

I really like them as a "set" and they really tell a story - I'm surprised the docs allowed you to do that but it's nice to have a record of a time when most people are in such a flap it remains a total blur!

Oh wow! great series, he is lovely, no8 is wonderful :D

Made me a bit broody though!:LOL:

wonderful - love how you have sequenced the shots like a story. the detail you have is amazing, the little fingers with wrinkles and dry skin. you did well to hold it together at an emotional time.

great set and the picture book is a great idea, hope mum and baby are good and congrats

Wow, mate, these put a shiver down my spine. Brought all memories flooding back. Mint concept, executed masterfully. These shots are priceless. Mint. Rgds Willem

Blimey. I seem to have missed a batch of comments here...

almost documentary feel about these

Ooo, I like the idea of that. Thanks John. :)

will be great to look back on for years to come

great series

love how you have sequenced the shots like a story

great set and the picture book is a great idea

great set and love no 8

A superb set, telling a wonderful story

Thanks very much for the kind comments.

I'm surprised the docs allowed you to do that

No problems at all. They never said anything to me, and at one point asked if I was going to take a pic of a particular thing.

3 is my fav

Yay! A vote for a non baby one! :LOL:

Excellent. #6 looks a little under (and maybe #10 to a lesser extent)

Now that you mention it, I can't stop looking and thinking the same. Thanks for pointing it out before I print. :)

Wow, mate, these put a shiver down my spine. Brought all memories flooding back. Mint concept, executed masterfully. These shots are priceless.

Thanks very much. My mum saw them and said "I like the ones of Jack, but why are there pics of hospital things and that sign". :bang:

An excellent set. They have a nice 'walk through' feel, and the ones of Jack are cracking.
My wife is due in 8 weeks, and she's already told me 'there will be no bl**dy camera in my delivery room'

She'll be too high on gas and air to notice......probably

As has been said.. Fantastic set Lee. (y)

Oh and congratulations :)

Many thanks for taking time to comment guys.

Hope everything goes well for you Whatdoesthisbutt. Looks forward to seeing the pics when the little un pops out. :)

lovely lovely set(y)
Love the story concept and well done for having the balls to take a camera with you:eek:. (I think my wife would have probably chopped mine off had i taken the camera as well)
Wish i had done as it is a very special moment indeed, loads of fun to come:LOL:

Back