Contax G2 Shots.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I shot these this morning with the G2 and 21mm 2.8 Biogon on Portra 160VC which was yonks out of date. I dropped 'em into Jessops who do a 1 hour service on 36 shots for 4 quid - film only, or 8 quid with prints. Due to a complete mental abberation I paid the 8 quid. 'Awful' doesn't begin to decsribe the prints - if I'd have judged the negs by them I'd have binned the lot! Still.. no surprises really, and the 1 hour service is handy. :shrug:

3566953308_6c0a43855f_o.jpg

3566139937_271cf75fa7_o.jpg

3566953664_4636a0a2fc_o.jpg

Straight scans on the V700.
Interestingly, security didn't seem bothered by me taking pics in the shopping mall with my little toy camera. I've always been challenged with the DSLR.

Nice set Cedric. Particularly like the "socialness" of the last one. People stopping for a cuppa and not one of them engaging with any of the others!

Can you get an adaptor to fit the Biogon on an EOS?

Nice set Cedric. Particularly like the "socialness" of the last one. People stopping for a cuppa and not one of them engaging with any of the others!

LOL This is Walsall mate it's a wonder they're not scrapping or mugging each other! :D

Good question actually Paul.I don't honestly know, but even if you could, the rear element of the lens sits so close to the shutter on the G2 that it would foul the mirror on a DSLR. Even If the converter gave the necessary clearance I'd think the distortion would become horrendous. :thinking: I'd think it's doubtful all things considered.

Where's the birds?:shrug:

Interestingly, security didn't seem bothered by me taking pics in the shopping mall with my little toy camera. I've always been challenged with the DSLR.

That's because terrorists and peadophiles don't use small cameras do they;)

I scanned these at 2400dpi. The full scans are bloody impressive and this is only 35mm!

Yeah, they are kinda sharp, and not shed loads of distortion for 21mm.
I'm gonna shoot some colour neg, I don't think we'd see much of Debenhams on slide.
Kodak though...:|

Yeah, they are kinda sharp, and not shed loads of distortion for 21mm.
I'm gonna shoot some colour neg, I don't think we'd see much of Debenhams on slide.
Kodak though...:|

LOL quoted for truth! :D

Actually Joxers the lens is capable of pretty well zero distortion, the bit you can see is entirely down to me tilting the lens from the horizontal. :withstupid:

I did a bit better with this one...

3567456783_18b156ed8f_o.jpg

The problem is the lens has it's own hot shoe viewfinder and while it gives a good idea of the FOV the distortion is nuts! I think the trick is to actually judge the uprights on the normal viewfinder so I learned something today.... I think. :thinking:

Another couple of shots with the 21mm where I managed to keep the camera straight... ish :puke:

3572940808_c33612b520_o.jpg

3572940894_8700e71bc5_o.jpg

Portra 160VC.

Excellent quality! The quality of the scanner is amazing!
I really need to spend more time to master my 8800F. :)

No, you can't. Rangefinder lenses are impossible to mount on reflex cameras even using adapters, since the registration distance (I don't if this is the right term in english) is much lower.
If you want to use rangefinder lenses in a digital camera, you have to buy a Leica M8, M8.2, Epson RD-1 or a micro 4/3 model. :)

Excellent quality! The quality of the scanner is amazing!
I really need to spend more time to master my 8800F. :)

No, you can't. Rangefinder lenses are impossible to mount on reflex cameras even using adapters, since the registration distance (I don't if this is the right term in english) is much lower.
If you want to use rangefinder lenses in a digital camera, you have to buy a Leica M8, M8.2, Epson RD-1 or a micro 4/3 model. :)

Normally called the "register" or "flange back".

You probably could use a rangefinder lens but you'd never get anywhere near infinity focus. It would be the same as using a 30-40mm extension tube. Silly though, which is why nobody has done it as far as I know.

You can see from this shot just how close the rear element of the 21mm lens sits to the focal plane - so it's closer still to the shutter! This is why rangefinder cameras excel when it comes to distortion free wide angle lenses - even extreme ones.

3588228691_101b8446fc_o.jpg

Never been a fan of the Contax G series, but thats a cracking set of shots with the 21mm you have there.

Is that the 21mm you were eyeing up on FFordes a couple of months back?

Starts thinking about Voigtlander Bessa with 15 or 12mm lens

Never been a fan of the Contax G series, but thats a cracking set of shots with the 21mm you have there.

Is that the 21mm you were eyeing up on FFordes a couple of months back?

Starts thinking about Voigtlander Bessa with 15 or 12mm lens

No - that was the 16mm f8 Hologon. It's a fixed f8. It also sits so close to the film that light falls off at the edges and corners of the frame, so it comes with a dark centre spot filter to combat the fall off. The filter means adding another two stops which takes it down to f16. Fantastic lens, but in the end common sense prevailed... at least for now. :D

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/hardwares/speciallenses/images/contaxhologon.jpg

Voigtlander bessa.... nice!

Normally called the "register" or "flange back".

That's it! Thank you.

About Heliar 12mm and 15mm, I think they are excellent, especially when you think there are no other alternatives if you want to keep your house.
The distortion is very well controled and much better than you can find in any 35mm reflex lens.

Nice pictures of Walsall
im on Flickr did you see the demolition in Bradford Street?
i run a group there also called Walsall

Back