Saturdays Cricket

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I did some cricket foir local paper saturday afternoon.. Really is pointless in blazing hot sun to take cricket pics before around 4pm in my opinion..

#1 -- OUT! ---
rib0.jpg

rib1.jpg

rib2.jpg

rib3.jpg

rib4.jpg

rib5.jpg

rib6.jpg

rib7.jpg

Theres some superb stuff here, would be interested to know how you manage to bring the details out in the faces? also how much are you cropping into these? what shutter speed and aperture do you use? Ive been shooting around 1/800 and f/4. will post mine from the wkend, would be good to get your c+c on them

2,3,7,8 are my favourites! :)

Last edited:
I use a range of different crops.. I like to get right in there.. thats just my style.. I always make sure all crops will print to a minimum A4.. Therefore to me it doesnt matter how much of the original i use if I can still get an A4 ...

Truly.. bigger isnt better.. they are for use in newpapers or sell as prints so crop as much as I feel I need to suit my style #1 and #8 are in todays lancs telegraph

Also this is saturday cricket.. Ribblesdale league that have much smaller pitches so 300+1.4tc gets in there.. Sunday cricket in lancashure league much bigger pitches and less chance of cropping in..

Although my 20/20 are at lancs league enfield but theres one spot you can photogrpah from that gets you well into the action.... eh cricket? action? hmm :)

EXIF is in place on the pics for viewing.. All shot Manual using various apertures and speed..

PS Details in face.. by shooting later in the day you get the light lower.. bit of highlight/shadow in photoshop if needed but generaly if you shoot after 4pm you should be OK.

Last edited:
V Nice images Tony, loving #8. Kind regards Graham

Back