My sisters wedding...

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
First time with a semi-decent camera at a wedding! Observing etiquette I introduced myself to the official photographer(s) as the brides brother, and made it clear I would avoid stealing (most of) their shots by keeping mostly to the candids...

Please bear in mind I have no (current) plans to go into wedding photography and just wanted to get some nice ones for me and my family, although constructive crit will always be taken in the manner it is intended (would put a smiley here but that would take me over 10 images!)

3738942919_979d4e0dae.jpg

3739784418_7905daf84f.jpg

3739777248_fc9a2da627.jpg

4. (Father of the bride)
3738976809_08955d6eef.jpg

5. (You're fired?)
3739755104_1d7ff47077.jpg

6. (The bridesmaids - my Mrs on the right!)
3739741814_80963293ed.jpg

3735873348_7d85b2d866.jpg

3739773986_fb3c72fe91.jpg

3738994879_f25d4964d5.jpg

3739796474_51cbb42124.jpg

There's some nice images there. i think some could have been improved with a little fill in flash.

Very good work The boketh from the lens your using is lovely.

Stuart

Appreciate that, thanks :)

The lens was the 40-150 Zuiko Digital that normally comes in the twin-zoom kit... however I bought it seperately the other month for the grand sum of £150 from Jessops!

Most of those were taken at full zoom at f5.6 (IIRC) - the largest it can manage at that length :)

There's some nice images there. i think some could have been improved with a little fill in flash.

Agreed, however I don't have an external unit yet (debating whether or not to dump the Oly for a Nikon or Canon first!) and the onboard is far too harsh :)

Last edited:
very nice set, i like how theyre not too formal as in the subjects are captured naturally.
nr 5 makes me laugh - he looks a real character!
p.s. are those bunkers in the background of nr 19?

very nice set, i like how theyre not too formal as in the subjects are captured naturally.
nr 5 makes me laugh - he looks a real character!
p.s. are those bunkers in the background of nr 19?

Ahh... my dad the Greek - character is far too tame a word for him ;)
I've got a beautiful one of him and my wife just after he told her off for something (jokingly) - he's all happy and smiley and she doesn't know what to think!

And yes, they are bunkers. My sister got married at Hanbury Manor (near Ware, Herts) and it has an 18 hole golf course attached... The backdrop to all the pics was the golf course. The official togs were telling me how they'd be shopping the golfers out of most of the shots :LOL:

Last edited:
Ahh... my dad the Greek - character is far too tame a word for him ;)
I've got a beautiful one of him and my wife just after he told her off for something (jokingly) - he's all happy and smiley and she doesn't know what to think!

And yes, they are bunkers. My sister got married at Hanbury Manor (near Ware, Herts) and it has a 19 hole golf course attached... The backdrop to all the pics was the golf course. The official togs were telling me how they'd be shopping the golfers out of most of the shots :LOL:

yes i can see the two different expressions in this one! lol. the backdrop reminded me of a wedding i went to nr Bristol on a country estate. it was beautiful and so private. your very good at capturing the candids and the "moment" shots.

Thanks jeni, I can't take all the credit for most of the posed ones as they were mostly set up by the official guys (they didn't mind me taking the shots and I did set up a few myself), but all the candids were my own work as I didn't want to intrude on the official togs taking the formals and money shots so just stuck to sneaking around instead :)

I think these a brilliant captures.

Numbers 1 & 7 are my favourites.

Thank you :)

I was thinking about getting #7 put on a canvas for them as a present for when they returned from honeymoon :)

I would as its a cracking shot (y)

I think they would be over the moon with it & what a nice suprise on their return.

i love no.7 too, and no.11 too - just the kind of thing my youngest would be doing at a wedding!!

7 is a beautiful shot. I wouldn't mind that on my wall if it was my wedding of course.

Back