Review Lencarta 3 Head Studio Flash Kit.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
A few weeks ago i took advice from this forum & purchased some Lencarta studio lights
for home use. Family & friends being the main targets.

I made my purchase through Ebay & brought the 3 Head Studio Flash Kit which
came complete with loads of equipment.

Full Kit Content :-

3 identical Lencarta PHOTO FLASH 200Ws flash heads
Fitted with 100w Quartz Halogen modelling lamps
3 Air cushioned 90cm-300cm adjustable light stands - These ultra safe, secure stands are the best you'll find.
2 70cm x 50cm softboxes with speedrings
105cm (42") silver/gold reflective umbrella
80cm gold/silver double sided reflector
80cm blue/grey background/chromakey, can also be used as a grey card
Radio flash trigger (15m range) for hassle-free, wireless connection
Set of metal barn doors
30º Honeycomb grid (ideal for hair light)
Metal snoot with honeycomb grid
Red, blue, green and yellow coloured gels for colouring the background
2 Nylon softbox bags
3 Mains power leads
Instruction booklet

Item was paid for day 1 & the goods delivered on day 3 - very impressed.

I have only ever used studio flash lighting once in a proffesional studio so this is all new to me (lights had been setup for me).

After looking through the forum & You Tube etc for guidlines i drove to Tesco & purchased a dark blue
double bed sheet (needs ironing) & setup 2 heads for trial purposes.

When i have purchased a proper backdrop & stand, i will use experiment with all three heads.

If you had any doubts about the quality of the Lencarta products, please be assured that i would not
hessitate in making future purchases.

Here are a few shots taken with not a lot of PP (a couple converted to sepia) to give you an idea
of the kits capabilities in a complete novices hands.

Models are family & neighbours daughters.

1. Stepson Josh
Josh-17.jpg

2. My family Nessy, Josh & Hollie
JoshNessyHollie-8.jpg

3. Nessy
NessyGray.jpg

4. Neighbour Nikita
Nikita.jpg

5. Neighbour Sophie
SophieB.jpg

6. Neighbour Sophie
SophieGrey.jpg

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost and is there a product code to know which set you got?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost and is there a product code to know which set you got?

Not at all - the kit i purchased was described as 'Lencarta PF-200Ws Tri-Head
Home Studio Kit'

I paid £403.98 delivered.

Update :-

Since purchasing the above mentioned kit, i have had two flash heads go pop
'quite loud' & fill the room with smoke.

The first head was replaced a couple of days after purchase & the second failed
in October.

I was advised that it would cost me £80 for a replacement.

I enquired about warranty a few days ago but havent back yet :(

Will keep you posted.

I was advised that it would cost me £80 for a replacement.

I enquired about warranty a few days ago but havent back yet :(

Will keep you posted.

According to their website all the Lencarta products come with 18 months warranty, so i can't see why you should have to pay for any replacements see HERE

According to their website all the Lencarta products come with 18 months warranty, so i can't see why you should have to pay for any replacements see HERE

Thanks for the link.

I have just sent another email asking about their warranty procedure.

I purchased the same kit a couple of years ago (plus another 2 head kit) but used them for under a year. However, in the period I was using them they did get a real hammering but still worked very well and didn’t let me down at all.
From my experience they are a great set of starter lights.

at all.
From my experience they are a great set of starter lights.

They are a great bit of kit for the money but i would have hoped that the
flash heads would last more than 6mths.

The first head blew on its first outing & replaced pretty quick.

The second blew recently. I was a little dissapointed that warranty was mentioned
& I was advised that I would have to pay for a replacement.

I am really surprised you lost 2 heads in such a short time. As TG said, they do carry an 18 month warranty so I would have thought you’d be covered by that.
There is a guy on here, think his names Garry Edwards, who is somehow associated with Lencarta. Maybe worth contacting him for some advice.

I have three studio lights which are the Stable Imaging ones. What is the diameter of the end bit of the lancarta ones?

I have had the 3 head ebay kit since Feb and so far its been ultra-reliable. Yes, the cheapy radio trigger packed up, but I planned a better one anyway, so wasn't bothered, its been replaced with a better version. *touches wood and hopes it continues*

I would definitely try speaking to Garry if you get no joy dealing with Lencarta directly, but do allow him time to look into it. FWIW, I was under the impression the ebay kits came a 12mth warranty, not 18mth, but I could be wrong on that. :thinking:

I am really surprised you lost 2 heads in such a short time. As TG said, they do carry an 18 month warranty so I would have thought you’d be covered by that.
There is a guy on here, think his names Garry Edwards, who is somehow associated with Lencarta. Maybe worth contacting him for some advice.

I would definitely try speaking to Garry if you get no joy dealing with Lencarta directly, but do allow him time to look into it.

Garry was my first contact on both occasions.

I have three studio lights which are the Stable Imaging ones. What is the diameter of the end bit of the lancarta ones?

I will check in the morning.

I know about this, and if the head has failed then it will be replaced under the 18 month warranty.

I don't deal with Ebay sales, I don't know when it was bought and I don't know why it failed, but the customer has been asked to download the returns form and return the head, with the form, and once it has been received the problem will be put right.

It's an 18 month, no quibble warranty. Lencarta repairs/replaces at their discretion and in practice this means a replacement, so that customers aren't kept waiting.

Back