Moray Firth Dolphins

Name
G
Edit My Images
Yes
Didn't get many shots of the dolphins on our latest trip to the Black Isle, and TBH, am a bit dissapointed with those I did get. Heres a few of the better ones

DSC_4224.jpg

DSC_3808.jpg

DSC_3810.jpg

DSC_5857.jpg

DSC_5922.jpg

DSC_5925.jpg

C+C always welcome :D

These are terrific, really like #2

You're lucky to have seen them at all :) The time we had a meet there we saw the occasional dorsal fin, that was it :bang:

#5 is definitely my favourite, that's a well timed catch (y)

1 Is the best for me :clap::clap::clap:

Edit

oh and the last one going fish is pretty damn cool(y)

These are good GL. I especially like 5. When I was last there they were barely breaking the surface and all I got was a few fin and tail shots.

Jeff
www.jeffharrisonphotography.co.uk
(Schedule 1 Licence holder for Avocets, Kingfishers and Barn Owls)

Thanks for all the comments everyone :D

We spent hours and hours at Chanonry to see them, and some days they were a complete no show. These pics here are pretty much all I've got to show from being there almost every tide turn for 2 weeks! You're right about getting mostly tail and fin shots though Jeff - by the time you've worked out where they are surfacing and then got the camera pointing in the right direction they're gone again :(

"Disappointed"?

There are some people who would sell family members for shots like those, especially the last 2. Really cool pics.

Anyone want to buy a 9 year old boy, well trained and clean? :D:D:D:naughty::LOL: lol

Seriously, those shots are FANTASTIC (y)

My brother lives 'up there', its a gorgeous part of the world :)

Last edited:
Number 5 is a cracker..........:clap:

I have stopped counting the hours I have sat on that beach and seen nothing,zip,zero. Well done seeing them and for getting some good images as well.

You did pretty good.

Like the "show off" with the salmon.

Great shots,(y) i was up there last week and the second we walked onto the beach we could see the Dolphins jumping and swimming about, i guess we must have been really lucky, i will try and get a few shots up later.

Chris.

Thanks again for all the comments :D :D

But yeah, I'm sorry, I am dissapointed - I was aiming for a series of breaching shots this year. Its not like I even managed poor shots of breaching, or didn't get the camera up in time, they just weren't jumping whenever we were there. Plenty of stories that they'd been jumping not long before we arrived though :LOL: :( Oh well, maybe next time.....

Great shots,(y) i was up there last week and the second we walked onto the beach we could see the Dolphins jumping and swimming about, i guess we must have been really lucky, i will try and get a few shots up later.

Chris.

looking forwards to them

They are great shots, especially those with the fish. We were there in June, 2 days in a row and though we saw them on both occasions, there was no possibility of shots like that.

So many on this thread seem to be saying "when I was there....". Well, while I was there I was really wondering how many of the others there were TP'ers! I did not like to go up and ask anyone.

Did I see any of you there on evening of June 20th or morning of June 21st?

Jenny

They are great shots, especially those with the fish. We were there in June, 2 days in a row and though we saw them on both occasions, there was no possibility of shots like that.

So many on this thread seem to be saying "when I was there....". Well, while I was there I was really wondering how many of the others there were TP'ers! I did not like to go up and ask anyone.

Did I see any of you there on evening of June 20th or morning of June 21st?

Jenny

Thanks again :D You know, I was wondering if there were any other TPers when I was stood there too :LOL: You were there a couple of weeks before us though :D

Back