Asian Wedding

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, just looking for some feedback on some pictures me and my other half took for a Asian wedding today. It was a lovely day and a very a nice venue (Wandsworth Town Hall, Civic Suite). I havent included any proper ones of the B+G for obvious reasons. But I have given a small sample here. Me and Mrs are really proud of the results so far!

1) The main hall - final touches being done.
s

2) From the opposite corner to No. 1
s

3) Pre reception juice drinks
s

4) Limos arriving
s

5) Grooms limo
s

6) Grooms limo 2
s

7) Bride and Groom
s

8) :D
s

C&C welcome and more to follow shortly!

Asian families really know how to do weddings don't they! :)

I had the privilege of shooting one a couple of months back...it was hectic but good fun!

The shots look good so far :)

the thing with asian weddings is that they never go according to plan or follow a script. Which is not a problem, it means I need to be flexible throughout the day. We didnt get a chance to do any large group shots or see the b&g cut the cake because of the time. But it was still fun none the less.

Any other comments welcome

heres the 2nd set.... C&C welcome! :)

9) Need to clone that jessops bag out!
s

10) Bride ready and awaiting her carriage to the venue
s

11) different shot of the drinks
s

12) Asian tradition is for the bride to look shy
s

13) Bride and groom leaving. I took this from across the RD, 3 lanes away and I love how the L glass picked up the shapes of the confetti so well!
s

14) Bride sitting inside the wedding car leaving the venue. (very paparazzi-esque)
s

I was once priveliged to attend an asian wedding and wow what a wedding it was, the atmosphere was fantastic and the Bride was beautifull in her gold and red dress and jewellery and the groom in a white silk suit was just the tops, beats our weddings for glamour..........the dry meat and veg food laced with seeds and things which seemed a bit bland to my taste didnt go down well to me but the people there all enjoyed it.
If ever anyone else has the opportunity to attend one all I can say is go its amazing

If anything, Asian Weddings are known for being vibrant and colourful....and i don't see it here, the colours are flat, the images don't pop, nothing LR won't fix though.

thanks for the comments, as a habit we dont do much PP, but I will take your comments on board.

what type of editing would you suggest?

Some of those shots are great.. love them

An asian wedding is the nearest I have done to photographing a wedding.. my mate who was groom asked me to bring camera and i even got in to the signing of the book which I am told is rare... these are shots as a guest..
http://hyndburn.fotopic.net/c904116.html

some more from the wedding, after b&g have seen them all.

15)
resized_RS_1.jpg

16)
resized_RS_2.jpg

17)
resized_RS_4.jpg

18)
resized_RS_7.jpg

19)
resized_RS_40.jpg

20)
resized_RS_120.jpg

i have to say i dont agree that the colours done pop i think they are absolutely stunning!! beautiful portraits and great candid captures!! i think two thumbs up in my opinion!! :D

Lovely images. Personally, would correct the horizontals in the glass shots, but that's being nit-picking.

i have to say i dont agree that the colours done pop i think they are absolutely stunning!! beautiful portraits and great candid captures!! i think two thumbs up in my opinion!! :D

thank you so much, comments like these do a great deal for the confidence (but im not shy of honest criticism either)

i think what the earlier post was referring to was images 4 & 7 where I took some of the saturation out in PP, to try and impose the image and composition more than the flair/contrast of the shot. if that makes sense.

Back