Hare and a missed opportunity

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
This little chap hopped into the field while I was taking shots of some straw bales. Bit of a surprise, so I wasnt ready for him. Got a few shots off but on reflection, this was a missed opportunity.

Instead of instinctively focussing in on the hare to the exclusion of everything else, what I think I should have done was take some shots of him at a wider angle. This would have put him in context and added another point of interest to the landscape shots I was taking.

Oh well, maybe next time. C&C very welcome

Wandering in to shot
3837201015_29447c4d7b_o.jpg

Taking a look around
3837201441_8bd2634754_o.jpg

Then hopping it
3837993796_796d580f02_o.jpg

Last one is a belter,don`t beat yourself up about them,they are all good animals in habitat shots.

Cracking captures anyway! :shrug:

The hopping on eis great - an opportunity seized I would say (y)

Look on the bright side, you've learned a good lesson and got a couple of very nice shots into the bargain.

I once did exactly the same thing as you've done and got little bit of whale in a dark grey sea whilst a friend stood next me got this...... ho hum. :LOL:

hol__11092008124947_80f2e9b9_ba7d_4069_9d0d_f3ac59f40de1_.jpg

The last one is a corker, nice and sharp, good colour and a natural setting (y)

I think these are great, you've caught the little guy in his 'manor' (so to speak).
Well Done Sir.

I like them a lot a really nice set shame he did'nt hang about long enough for you to get lower on eye level with him
Regards
Lost

they are the best ive seen in a long time...the photos really want you to look at them for a while ...love em

Thanks for your kind comments. I hope it wasnt a once in a lifetime thing :bonk:

I like them a lot a really nice set shame he did'nt hang about long enough for you to get lower on eye level with him
Regards
Lost

The thought had crossed my mind at the time but to be honest I didnt want to move a muscle in case I scared him off. That would have been just my luck. Next time I might be a bit braver

They are really super shots of a very difficult subject, sod the composition this time, GREAT effort!!

I love 'em......at least you know where they are.

keith

Back