Which Tripod? £100 Max...

danza

Edit My Images
Yes
After months of fighting with a 70's tripod which drops to bits in use, I have for some reason decided I want a new one.

I have seen a few that catch my eye as being good deals, and I have £100 utter max to spend inc. head. I want something that will go low if possible. Something chunky with the ability to hang stuff off the center column would be good too.

So far:

-Slik 700DX w/head for £84.99, which strikes me as a good deal. Doesn't cater for all my requirements though.
-Manfrotto 190 range, but may end up with a gash head. Probably better than the above though.
-Velbon. What good stuff is there in my price range? I've seen the Ultra Luxi F, and it looks a bit too portable to me.
-Benbo? Not sure about these. Enlighten me ;)

Thoughts?

-Benbo? Not sure about these. Enlighten me ;)

Benbo are a rule unto themselves! The ARE very versatile,,,but can take a while to set up and you can look like you are having a fight with a greasy octopus in the process! I have sold my Benbo Trekker II for a Manfrotto 190 proB. I now LOVE using a tripod! (y)

Woohoo!!!

I found a brand new Manfrotto 155 double ball head sitting in my cupboard. It was in the bin at work, with 2 magic arms, 2 superclamps and 2 143 camera brackets. I rescued the lot, and sold both the magic arm combos. I kept the ball head because I didn't realise what it was.

So, I guess I can afford a Manfrotto 055 now (which was over budget and what I wanted), as I no longer have the need for a head.

Which 055 is the best under £100, and where from?

Cheers :D

:agree:

Buy the manfotto then scour fleabay etc for used heads or buy another make of head that will fit (many do). You should be reasonably on budget.

EDIT: oops - see your other post 055 pro will cost £99.

Result! Wish I had cupboards like that - mind you I did find £2 down the back of the sofa the other day! (y)

Result! Wish I had cupboards like that - mind you I did find £2 down the back of the sofa the other day! (y)

I wont tell you what I found down the back of OUR sofa!! :eek: :LOL:

What's the difference between the 055 classic and the pro? Is it just the leg warmers?

Copied from tinternet:
Unique to the 055PRO is the centre column that can be positioned as a horizontal arm, providing a simple way to shoot subjects from directly overhead.

Keep your eye on P&P at fotosense, because every so often the do free delivery. Only last for 24 hours, but they have done it twice in the last few weeks

You should also buy a decent head for the 055. I have the 055ProB and the 488 head with an RC4 quick release plate. The 486 is cheaper and holds a fair weight too. You will also appreciate havbing a quick release plate. RC2 is the most popular I think.

Yes I've found that out but it's very stable.

I've hiked up a hill with this and my bag and it does get heavy but if you do not do much walking then it it's a great value tripod. The 190 is a little lighter and shorter and may suit just as well. My next will be a lightweight C tripod.

It's a fine studio tripod/head too actualyy.

Back