Garden Safari

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
A few bug shots from recent wanders round the garden, dont know what my neighbours must think when they see me stalking about the undergrowth.

3948154605_e3af65fbd7_o.jpg

3948155351_46239fdfb0_o.jpg

3948938982_2e3c5a7b97_o.jpg

3948940710_df36fd55c7_o.jpg

3948941468_222a76450d_o.jpg

3948160077_1131706033_o.jpg

Hope you enjoy them , thanks for taking the time to look .... Dave

Cool pics. It makes them look so scary because there is so much detail lol

Nice work there.................No2 is excellent(y)

Great photos :D The spiders look scary but the detail on all the photos are brilliant.

Good set - sharp with good colour and definition and i like the lighting - was it natural or flash ?

Excellent work Dave (y) amazing details

Nice pics.

I see on the side you are using a samsung, but which lens did you use?

I use an old Tamron (Adaptall 2 mount) manual everything SP90 f2.5 usually with the dedicated extension tubes. I am just starting to realise what it is capable of, when I get things right !!

Quote ...
Dogfish_magnet --- "Good set - sharp with good colour and definition and i like the lighting - was it natural or flash ?" ---

Thank you, pleased you like the light, all lit by flash, Sigma EF-530 DGST,
with a Stofen Omnibounce and a homemade white cardboard reflector held on with an elastic band (Blue Peter Stylee) I can usually get f11 ish, iso100, dependant on subject and distance with fairly pleasant light, which tends to suit the lens I am using.

Quick snap of flash for clarity,

3950484443_0089fe2672_o.jpg

Its a bit "Heath Robinson", but its helped to get me into macro photography on a budget, lens was an Ebay special at £90, and the cardboard was just about free. (Half a dozen prototypes didnt really break the bank) The hours of pleasure, and sometimes exasperation (sp) are priceless.

Thank you for looking and your kind comments .....

Dave ....

Cool series Dave, gotta love that big green caterpillar (y)

Great set and the lighting is spot on. I'm working on my own contraption for a lighting rig as I'm not paying these flash prices (pardon the pun) for dedicated macro ring flashes. You should post your set up in the pinned macro rig thread. I always enjoy looking at the home made setu ps and have been inspired to have a go myself now.

Back