MK Lightning v Bracknell Bees – 27 January 2006 (56k warning)

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Well yes I made it there this time!

First go out with the D200, and boy is it good:

faster AF
brighter viewfinder
better noise handling
higher res pics

the list goes on...

I met the official photog from Citizen (the MK paper), who was quite a nice chap.

I even got hit by the puck – well at least my lens did! Testament to Sigma build quality there...

Anyway, on to the pics:

DSC_0042-01a.jpg

DSC_0085-01a.jpg

DSC_0086-01a.jpg

DSC_0097-01a.jpg

DSC_0120-01a.jpg

DSC_0121-01a.jpg

DSC_0122-01a.jpg

DSC_0137-01a.jpg

DSC_0152-01a.jpg

DSC_0155-01a.jpg

WOW, what a difference from the first set you did. obvioulsy practice makes perfect and im sure the new camera helped a bit!!

well done mate :)

WB aside, there's a few decent portraits there!

Re WB, I just shot a load of pics of my g/f's horse in a dressage comp at the weekend, ouside under a cloudy sky with WB set to flash... anyone want a load of murky yellow pictures?:thumbsdown:

Nice set there Joe - some great facial expressions! D200 looks like it's working out nicely (y)

An impressively small amount of noise for such a high ISO. Some great shots though, particularily like number 3 from your 2nd post. Good work! :)
PS: Off to see some Ice Hockey in Nottingham next month, hoping to get some good shots myself. What's the lighting like at these places? Not been before!

Fantastic set Joe :clap: as Antc said, I can really see the improvement from your last ice hockey post. My only slight critique would be that the WB could do with some correction in a lot of these IMO. Damn good though esp considering your ISO was well up. That D200 obviously handles high ISO pretty well (y)

Oh yeah, forgot to say....glad you and your car made it there and back in one piece this time :clap:

sod all wrong with that set, good work :)

very good set. - White balance - yep on some, but still really good exposure on them. I take it this was with your head above the boards.

Glad to hear the glass got christened. In the "killer slot" - what we called the warm up we used to pick out spectators or other objects to see who could get closest.

You didn't tell us who won. :) - I've played the bees a few times but never the MK L's

Looking again - I really like the 4th pic - the face off with Thompson (13) for the BB's and Carr for the MKL's - like the concentration on everyones faces.

Good stuff mate. As you say WB quirky on some but excellent never the less. Ice and snow can cause that so maybe custom WB it next time out?

WB is something I need to work on. I tended to alter it in RSE, but didnt get it quite consistent.

KIM, MK lost 1.0 to Bracknell :(. Good, violent game though!

Lightiing is generally pretty poor. As you can see iso 800, f2.8 and shuteer speeds around 1/500. Even then about 1 stop of compensation was needed on some of these.

Some NR has been done in RSE. A lot of the shots you havent seen are those I rejected because of excessive noise.

Thanks for the comments all.

Quality set again Joe, as has been said already
Some very atmospheric pics which made me feel part of the action :clap:
Proves what the D200 can do in the right hands ... Paul (y)

Very good set Joe.
Particularly like the 7th one of the 1st set (y)

Back