Stoat chasing Rabbit (Now edited + Close up)

Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst waiting for Kites at Aston Rowant, I had these two run straight past me I managed a few shots before they disappeared over the edge of the valley. I didn't see the end, sorry for the poor quality as I wasn't expecting it but they are all full frame!

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

Last edited:
love number 4

you can feel the speed of the chase

wonder if the rabbit got lucky?

Thanks, I am not sure but I had a Red Kite a few metres above my head checking me out, a green woodpecker a few metres behind me making some awful noise and these two. I didn't know where to point my camera!

Just wish it would happen more often!

Thanks, I am not sure but I had a Red Kite a few metres above my head checking me out, a green woodpecker a few metres behind me making some awful noise and these two. I didn't know where to point my camera!

Just wish it would happen more often!

Lucky you!

Great captures - it would have been so easy to miss it all, and I probably would :bonk:

Great sequence! Wonder what the outcome was? :D

Superb!

Very good captures considering the speed they would be travelling at.

I like these shots because if you were given a month to capture a stoat chasing a rabbit 99.9% of peeps would fail.

It's a very rare sight.

Superb, well spotted and very well caught, you photographing the action I mean, not the stoat catching the rabbit......:)

Well captured good to see an out of the ordinary shot such as yours..... well done (y)

I have to say, you can't fault the 40D AF on that showing either!

Cheers for the comments, well you can see the first 3 are all out of focus but as soon as I sorted myself and monopod out, I got the rest in focus. As I was pointing my camera in the air trying to photograph a Kite...

IMG_2731cm.jpg

Brilliant, just shows that sometime when waiting something else happens. I've seen this at our works but never had a camera handy to actually capture it. These are really different.

And to think it's common to see this sort of stuff on the wildlife programmes where a big cat is after an altelope or like prey... imo there's an uncanny similarity with this pair, albeit in minature. Well captured matey (y)

What a superb set.

Superb well caught, you've got quick reactions I would have missed them !
Pete

Excellent set, well done for first of all spotting this - nevermind shooting it!

Amazing shots, well captured, a rare sight :)

Hope the bun bun made it though :(

These are just fantastic! For me, 4 & 5 look like a big cat in miniature and 3 is just mental.
I'd love to be able to just catch sight of a stoat, never-mind nab it when it was chasing its prey!
At first I wasn't sure if it was a stoat or a weasel, but then I remembered that a weasel is weasily wecognised and a stoat is stoataly different.

:tumbleweed:

:coat:

Fantastic set and brilliantly captured, once in a lifetime opportunity!! Excellent!

Great shots, different, and you can have your own outcome. My monies on the stoat.

Back