Needle and thread

Name
Christopher
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I finally got the Sigma 105mm and have been playing around with it, although in a uni room, there is not much choice - there are no flies (yes, my room is tidy :eek: :p)

So, looking around, I spotted some needles in the small sowing kit and decided to have a go (snapping, not knitting!!).

I'm quite pleased with this but some C&C and some macro ideas would be useful :)

Ok, had a quick play - no fairylights I'm afraid but I did find a green transparent plastic folder :D

An improvement?

Ok, had a quick play - no fairylights I'm afraid but I did find a green transparent plastic folder :D

An improvement?

mm.. I really want to say yes, but I think it's just the plain background that is putting me off.. I think it needs a bit of texture going on or something, anything.. of course this is just my opinion, I'm in no way an expert on macro photography so what I think would improve it, someone else might say it'd ruin it..!

Second is better. But still I wonder where is the focus point?

It's just where the thread is coming through the needle - it's at f2.8 and the DOF is quite shallow. Should I try a smaller aperture?

Nice shots :) I'd be tempted to bring the whole eye in focus and maybe have some other sewing bits lying about.

In fact, I've just spotted my little sewing kit... excuse me ;)

Sorry for the double post,

You inspired me to try some similar shots (me being very new to Macro photography and pretty new to photography in general).

Rather than thread-jack (pun very much intended) I'll post them up in another thread :)

M

Sorry for the double post,

You inspired me to try some similar shots (me being very new to Macro photography and pretty new to photography in general).

Rather than thread-jack (pun very much intended) I'll post them up in another thread :)

M

You're very welcome to post them in here if you like :)
I'll take some more photos in a couple of days as I've got some end of module exams at the moment.

I'm pleased I've inspired you, I don't know how I managed it but nevertheless :LOL:

Back