Rolandtrade: safe or fraud?

I'd be concerned about import & VAT etc, as from what I can make out it's shipped from the Far East :cautious:

I'd be concerned about import & VAT etc, as from what I can make out it's shipped from the Far East :cautious:

They claim VAT is included and no other costs charged. Even the shipping is free worldwide :cautious:

A pro retail outlet and they cant even spell lenses?.......looks too good to be true imho

Registered address in the Netherlands which from Google Maps looks to be a residential street.
Registered only this month, so brand new.

Stinky, stinky IMHO.

Domain name: ROLANDTRADE.COM
Created on: 2009-11-16
Updated on: 2009-11-22
Expires on: 2010-11-16
Registrant Name: ROLANDS TRADE
Registrant Address: Heelsumstraat 125
Registrant City: *** Haad
Registrant Postal Code: 2573
Registrant Country: NL
Administrative Contact Organization: Namesco Limited
Administrative Contact Name: Domain Administrator
Administrative Contact Address: Acton House, Perdiswell Park
Administrative Contact City: Worcester
Administrative Contact Postal Code: WR3 7GD
Administrative Contact Country: GB
Administrative Contact Email: transfers-auth@names.co.uk
Administrative Contact Tel: +44 845 3633630
Technical Contact Organization: Namesco Limited
Technical Contact Name:
Technical Contact Address: Acton House, Perdiswell Park
Technical Contact City: Worcester
Technical Contact Postal Code: WR3 7GD
Technical Contact Country: GB
Technical Contact Email: register.it@names.co.uk
Technical Contact Phone: +44 845 3633630
Technical Contact Fax: +44 845 363 3631
Primary Name Server Hostname: NS0.XNAME.ORG
Secondary Name Server Hostname: NS1.XNAME.ORG

...as everything suspiciously cheap.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Registered address in the Netherlands which from Google Maps looks to be a residential street.

Stinky, stinky IMHO.

Technical Contact Name:

So... someone purchased a product in rolandtrade.com ???

Thanks.

Last edited:
I was so stupid to buy a camera (canon 5D mark II with lens for only 1807 euro) last week- I hadn't seen this forum yet.
I am still waiting for delivery. It is suppose to be delivered this week- invoice was sent to me and I checked the VAT(which seems to be incorrect). Also I have sent some emails and a guy called Pater Claus responded (minimal response). Some strange things: email name is Peter Claus but he signed off with Peter Clous. It is probably a fake (german) name. I am Dutch myself- but this person does not seem to speak dutch even though they are based in the Netherlands. I have tried to call but only get an english speaking voice mail asking for the extension number.

So, the only thing that I can do is wait, but am pretty sure it is fraud and that I have lost my money.

Will keep you posted.

Ren

Lets all email them see if we get any response back, always good way to test a company. Kesro is best if you don't want to pay uk prices and he seems very reliable

I was so stupid to buy a camera (canon 5D mark II with lens for only 1807 euro) last week- I hadn't seen this forum yet.
I am still waiting for delivery. It is suppose to be delivered this week- invoice was sent to me and I checked the VAT(which seems to be incorrect). Also I have sent some emails and a guy called Pater Claus responded (minimal response). Some strange things: email name is Peter Claus but he signed off with Peter Clous. It is probably a fake (german) name. I am Dutch myself- but this person does not seem to speak dutch even though they are based in the Netherlands. I have tried to call but only get an english speaking voice mail asking for the extension number.

So, the only thing that I can do is wait, but am pretty sure it is fraud and that I have lost my money.

Will keep you posted.

Ren

Let me know if your camera arrives ...

i was stupid enough to buy from them too and now I have the status "due from supplier"...what that does that even mean?..I've asked them for a full report of my offer telling them that I will go to the police and declar this a fraud if I don't get a comfirmation of the shipping really soon but I don'see that happening...What is your order status Ren?

Will keep you posted.

Ren

Smell of fish or troll ??? Pater Claus ~ hmmm! Father Claus.......not April 1st is it :bonk:

I thought it was only our cousins across the pond who risked hard £ or $ for cheap price promises :thinking:

Please remember folks, as with any thread of this nature, please make sure anything you post is factual, not simply opinion based on what you think.

Please remember folks, as with any thread of this nature, please make sure anything you post is factual, not simply opinion based on what you think.

Granted for sure :) The website as far as I can tell is based in Taiwan and the name comes also as suppliers of "activated carbon".

Caveat emptor especially bearing in mind the likes of Kerso & DigitalRev get good reviews (for the record I have used Kerso).

I know all etaliers have to start somewhere so good luck with those who have ordered......just hope is well and you can give feedback that is positive:cool:

i was stupid enough to buy from them too and now I have the status "due from supplier"...what that does that even mean?..I've asked them for a full report of my offer telling them that I will go to the police and declar this a fraud if I don't get a comfirmation of the shipping really soon but I don'see that happening...What is your order status Ren?

HI Miss R
I also have that status " due to supplier"....since Tuesday. I asked for the right VAT as this one is not correct and Peter Clous (Claus) replied by saying it was correct....Are you going to the police? Where do you live? I am living in ireland, not sure where to go. Is there a special international place where you could report internet fraud?

In UK i think you'd raise issue with trading standards, maybe police but there was a report this week where police had closed down like 2000 odd sites selling fake clothing or not delivering. So would not surprise me if there are a few electronics like that.

Not to say this particular one falls into that category as there can be delays and shortage of some items around this time of year.

I hope you paid with credit card - if so perhaps time to go to the credit card provider?

HI Miss R
I also have that status " due to supplier"....since Tuesday. I asked for the right VAT as this one is not correct and Peter Clous (Claus) replied by saying it was correct....Are you going to the police? Where do you live? I am living in ireland, not sure where to go. Is there a special international place where you could report internet fraud?
My status now is"being packed":|...but before I go to the police I need to get through all the steps...next week I am going to ask for a refund and if they refuse than I am going to the Manchester Police and report this fraud!

Stinky, stinky IMHO.

Technical Contact Name:

Very, especially as the site is hosted in china as well. If that is where the goods are coming from you may have a wait.

To be fair, it does take a couple of weeks for items to arrive from China. I found another forum last week with someone claiming that they received their item (which was delivered from the UK) - it was an italian forum i think.

It does seem far too cheap to be real, I guess we'll have to see if Ren and Miss R get their goods, and then whenever they are genuine or repairs etc.

I've tried to look for that forum again without luck, however there are loads of forums all over europe with people questioning this site.

Since MissR has a status change maybe it is just a matter and see what they get.

My order status is now "ready for dispatch"!...but honestly I think they are just saying this so I can't go to the police sooner!

This is what their website terms & conditions state

The following Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all products and services provided by ROLANDTRADE. Please make sure you choose carefully as all products are sold on a no refund basis, unless proven to have been faulty.
ROLANDTRADE's return policy on goods that are faulty and accepted by ROLANDTRADE is to exchange for goods of equal value or to provide a credit towards the purchase of other goods at ROLANDTRADE's Discretion.

Uncomfortable reading!

This is what their website terms & conditions state

The following Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all products and services provided by ROLANDTRADE. Please make sure you choose carefully as all products are sold on a no refund basis, unless proven to have been faulty.
ROLANDTRADE's return policy on goods that are faulty and accepted by ROLANDTRADE is to exchange for goods of equal value or to provide a credit towards the purchase of other goods at ROLANDTRADE's Discretion.

Uncomfortable reading!

Surely that contravenes the Distance Selling Regulations provisions (maybe even others) bearing in mind "they" purport to be UK supplier!!! I seriously think that Trading Standards should be consulted if you hae or are about to but from them???

looking at those T&C, i would advise caution.

I phoned the number listed on the website several times during the last week, and have not had a reply. I sent several emails also, and was given the same number to phone. The London address on the website that states that they have a shop is in central London (I looked it up on a map). Does anyone have a friend or relation living near the address that could check it out. Thank you.

I phoned the number listed on the website several times during the last week, and have not had a reply. I sent several emails also, and was given the same number to phone. The London address on the website that states that they have a shop is in central London (I looked it up on a map). Does anyone have a friend or relation living near the address that could check it out. Thank you.

Hallo,
I sent to that address questions regarding shipping costs, VAT and customs duties. I received a reply two days from a man named Peter Claus:

Dear Franklin,

Delivery is free for orders over 400 Euro.
Packages to the EU do not have to be declared, all taxes are also paid.

I can't see a link to a London shop but if you give me the location I will check it out.

Just catching up on this thread.

For those that have purchased I would make sure you've got a few screen grabs of the pertinent sections of the website. You might find it helpful when you make anyclaim to you credit card company.

Dodgy websites have a habit of just "vanishing"!

Barney

Back