Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
This one was taken a few days later
I think its better but I also think I was standing the wrong side of the jump following on from the C&C I got last time ?
Chris

IMG_1081.JPG

Hi Chris, I've has a quick go at this, first I cropped a bit of the bottom right of the image, I decreased the saturation by about -12 as it looked a bit overcooked and gave it a quick sharpen. Definitely a better shot than the ones you posted before.

IMG_1081.jpg

Colour looks a bit off (yellow-ish)?
Shame about the barn thing growing out of the horse - its distracting to a point.
Dont know if your kit will do it, but you need a shallower DOF (f4 ish)

I agree oldgit. Colin has told me I really need to invest in a f2.8 and I'm certain he is right. Although my husband's chequebook doesn't agree!

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I will not be blamed for marital discord! :D :D :D

Hi Chris, I've has a quick go at this, first I cropped a bit of the bottom right of the image, I decreased the saturation by about -12 as it looked a bit overcooked and gave it a quick sharpen. Definitely a better shot than the ones you posted before.

Thanks again, Colin on all points.
The horse though has lost a bit of colour, I think. My shot was close to the original colour, though everything else was, as you said, out of balance
I guess I had better keep practicing :)
Chris

Colour looks a bit off (yellow-ish)?
Shame about the barn thing growing out of the horse - its distracting to a point.
Dont know if your kit will do it, but you need a shallower DOF (f4 ish)

Thanks for the C&C oldgit the lens I was using will do 4.5 I like to cheat and use an IS lens :) though I do have a 100mm prime 2.8 with no IS and at my age the shakey bits give it away ;)
Chris

IS isnt cheating. However...
IS doesnt stop the action. It allows a slower shutter speed... not what you want as the results are probably going to be blurred.

Use the 100 f2.8 @ f2.8,200th/sec (assuming the light lets you). Providing the focusing is fast enough the results are going to be better.

IS isnt cheating. However...
IS doesnt stop the action. It allows a slower shutter speed... not what you want as the results are probably going to be blurred.

Use the 100 f2.8 @ f2.8,200th/sec (assuming the light lets you). Providing the focusing is fast enough the results are going to be better.

Cheers oldgit, I'll give that a go
Chris

That's a far better shot but the colours way off, here's my go.

Reduced the yellow bias and desaturated the whole thing by about 15%. Selectively dodged the neck and the girls face where there were pretty harsh shadows but still some detail. Slight sharpen and finally a crop along the lines of Hackers, almost identical in fact. :)

Edit: I wouldn't worry too much about the background, it's not ideal but you have to work with what there is. Shows can be a real mess of tents and rubbish but the riders don't seem to mind as long as the horse looks good ;)

IMG_1081.JPG

the other thing I was going to say was don't worry too much about your angle, occasionally you'll get something which works even if it isn't the "norm". Ans see what I mean about backgrounds :shake:

IMG_0440.jpg

That's a far better shot but the colours way off, here's my go.

Reduced the yellow bias and desaturated the whole thing by about 15%. Selectively dodged the neck and the girls face where there were pretty harsh shadows but still some detail. Slight sharpen and finally a crop along the lines of Hackers, almost identical in fact. :)

Edit: I wouldn't worry too much about the background, it's not ideal but you have to work with what there is. Shows can be a real mess of tents and rubbish but the riders don't seem to mind as long as the horse looks good ;)

Thanks Dod much appriciated, I am still "struggling" ( practicing) with image editing so most of what I put up is "WYSIWYG"
I did attempt a little "paintshop pro" with this one but apparently not quite what it should have been :)
Cheers
Chris
Ps I think your right "but the riders don't seem to mind as long as the horse looks good"
Even I can tell some of the stuff the Mrs comes back from shows with is "perhaps not all it could be" ;)

Back