Tree Bokeh (birds + snow)

Edit My Images
Yes
With all the snow on the ground I had to get out this morning, so it was a 6am start so that I could get to the Chilterns for sunrise. My plan was to photograph kites with snow backgrounds but not many seemed to be around probably as they were having a hard time hunting.
All taken with a 400mm f5.6 hence the lovely bokeh....

IMG_9562cm.jpg

IMG_9570cm.jpg

IMG_9536cm.jpg

IMG_9546cm.jpg

IMG_9659cm.jpg

IMG_9535cm.jpg

Any c&c appreciated.

They are nice enough snaps Liam
but there is not really much to hold my interest in any of them.
Sorry.

You have done, and can do much better (y)

Thanks Chris, I realise they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Are you saying I should try and focus on something rather than everything, if that makes sense?

1) I think if you had pick out one snow covered pine cone and done a "sudo macro" shot it would have been a more interesting shot.

2) There is to much empty space in frame and the bird looks ever so slightly out of focus

3) I really quite like this shot. However getting closer would not have done any harm.

4) The mist or rain spoils this shot there is an absence of colour and contrast. It has the potential to be a Very striking shot.

5) This is quite nice but nothing draws the eye. Just find my self thinking "what am I looking for?"

6) Crop out the tree in the forground on the right. Again Getting closer would help/

Hope that helps

Stuart

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the crit Stu, its appreciated.

In the next few weeks I am going to have another go but use a macro lens as I can't get much closer with my 400.
The haze in number 4 was caused from shooting into the light and snow as background.

Thanks Chris,
Are you saying I should try and focus on something rather than everything, if that makes sense?

Yes pretty much (y)
And Stu has raised some valid points in his reply

Back