Capture NX with d300s

Name
Kardo Ayoub
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys does anyone know if the Capture NX is free with the D300s, the CD contains View NX and I'm not sure if I can download it for free or not.
I also have Lightroom so which oner is beeter to process RAW files from this body.

Thanks

Hi Kardo,

I don't know if Capture NX2 if free with the D300s, or not, but you can download a trial version from the Nikon website. This is a time limited version of the full program with all the features fully working.

I have CNX2.2, Elements 7 and Photoshop CS4 Extended and have used Lightroom in the past, so feel able to answer your question. Without doubt CNX2 handles Nikon .NEF files better than the Adobe programs. This is mainly due to the fact that Nikon place some of the in-camera settings (such as white balance) in an area of the EXIF that other applications can't access - Adobe takes a guess at what the white balance was set to and applies that in ACR.

I find CNX2 to be very intuitive and was easy to learn - much easier that PS or Elements - with some novel solutions to editing requirements. Indeed my Adobe apps hardly get used these days.

HTH :)

Hi guys does anyone know if the Capture NX is free with the D300s, the CD contains View NX and I'm not sure if I can download it for free or not.
I also have Lightroom so which oner is beeter to process RAW files from this body.

Thanks

I did not come free with my D700.

Back